Carnivora- Judas

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Anyone else check this out? It's a hybrid prog/power of sorts with some definite Conception influence. Vocals are handled by Mr. Circus Maximus and Hellhammer is on drums. The guitarist (it's his band) can rip. Plus, there are some guest appearances from Nils & Ronnie from Pagan's Mind.

Thumbs up.

Glenn H.

Spun it once... didn't grab me. It doesn't seem like Mike is as adventurous with his vocals as he is with CM. That said, I was only half listening to it. I keep meaning to get back to it, but the pile of stuff I need to listen to never seems to get any smaller.

Zod

I agree completely on the pulled back vocals. However, even him at 50% is better than most of the people out there. Plus, I think the guitar work is outstanding.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I agree completely on the pulled back vocals. However, even him at 50% is better than most of the people out there.
Couldn't agree more. His PP performance was one the best I ever witnessed. Everything he does, he seems to do with complete ease; he strains for nothing. I went in to CM's performance expecting to listen to one song and head off to the bar. After their performance, their CD didn't leave my car stereo for a month.

Harvester said:
Plus, I think the guitar work is outstanding.
OK. I'm moving it to the top of the pile.

Zod

I bought it before the last progpower when I found out the singer was from CM. Very good disc, not as good as CM, but i liked it.

I just got this CD last week and it really hasn't grabbed me yet also. Every time I get done listening to it, I just go and put in Circus Maximus. I got this CD just because of Mike. I thought they were the best band last year and I still listen to that CD weekly since PP. Just like stated above, the vocals are not as strong but the guitar is great. I would check out the CD just becasue of Mike but do not get your hopes up looking for another CM cd.

Let's hope Glenn gets CM back in a couple of years.

Harvester said:
Anyone else check this out? It's a hybrid prog/power of sorts with some definite Conception influence. Vocals are handled by Mr. Circus Maximus and Hellhammer is on drums. The guitarist (it's his band) can rip. Plus, there are some guest appearances from Nils & Ronnie from Pagan's Mind.

Thumbs up.

Glenn H.

Is this a hint?:loco:

Harvester said:

Thumbs up.

Glenn H.

GREAT disc! I heard it just before Prog Power last year (via mp3) and it rocked my world. I might even like it more than the CM disc (which I truly love!) And yes, it made its way to the top of my "must find at the vendors tables" list last year, and was probably the first disc I purchased.....

J-Dubya

I think it's a good disc. As noted above, any Mike is better than no Mike, and while he is a bit subdued, its the axemaster's band after all! Tore did the guitar work for Jorn's Worldchanger too I think.

Got this disc when it first came out because Nils from PM was on the track "State Of Fear And Hate". I really was surprised at how good it was overall as a CD. I know alot of ppl didnt like it, but I really dig it. Hellhammer is great as usual.

Heard OF them...but this completely slipped under my radar.

Thanks for the tip, Glenn. Great band. Great sound.

(Sigh)...another CD order to place, I guess.

Rock on!