Caught Somewhere In Time

Can anyone help me out with a good tab of this song? I'm trying to learn it and I've got bits and pieces of it down fine but the chorus and the solos riffs are giving me alot of trouble. It's very hard to hear them on the album I think, and I'm trying to watch live vids of them playing it to try and help me but the vids are either not the best of quality, or aren't looking at Dave or Adrian at the parts I'm needing help with. It's very annoying so if anyone can help me, that would be great. Thanks!! :D

Well .... why dont you try Power tab editor .... you can hear only the guitar part and repeat it as many times as you want here is a link where you can download the software, is free and awesome

http://www.download.com/Power-Tab-Editor/3000-2133_4-10502035.html?tag=lst-0-1

and .. here is another link for that song

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/iron_maiden/caught_somewhere_in_time_power_tab.htm

you have to first download the software and then download the tab from that link...... when you have the file downloaded open it with the power tab software.

:)

Well .... why dont you try Power tab editor .... you can hear only the guitar part and repeat it as many times as you want here is a link where you can download the software, is free and awesome

http://www.download.com/Power-Tab-Editor/3000-2133_4-10502035.html?tag=lst-0-1

and .. here is another link for that song

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/iron_maiden/caught_somewhere_in_time_power_tab.htm

you have to first download the software and then download the tab from that link...... when you have the file downloaded open it with the power tab software.

:)

Thank you for the links but for some reason Power Tab doesn't seem to work on my computer. It plays it, but I can't hear anything. :(

well i think that it happened to me once but i dont know how to fix it .... sorry for that...:mad:

Thanks for trying tho. :)

Brian - that's the one which is on the Ultimate Guitar site. I've tried to follow it but I'm having alot of trouble translating what I'm seeing on the page, to what I'm hearing on the record. That's why I'm trying to find good quality video of Maiden (or indeed the Maidens) playing it so I can see what's going on at those specific bits.

Thanks to everyone who's trying to help btw! Much appreciated!

Brian - that's the one which is on the Ultimate Guitar site. I've tried to follow it but I'm having alot of trouble translating what I'm seeing on the page, to what I'm hearing on the record. That's why I'm trying to find good quality video of Maiden (or indeed the Maidens) playing it so I can see what's going on at those specific bits.

metalicat get guitar pro.

then donwload the guitar pro tabs, its plays along in midi so you dont need the record, you can mute each track also.

That translation is fairly close to the Powerslave/Somewhere in Time songbook I have had since I started playing guitar at 19.. not spot on, but then again that wasn;t Wolf Marshall doing the translation either. My only suggestion is to study the notes then listen to the song over and over, that usually does help somewhat...

That translation is fairly close to the Powerslave/Somewhere in Time songbook I have had since I started playing guitar at 19.. not spot on, but then again that wasn;t Wolf Marshall doing the translation either. My only suggestion is to study the notes then listen to the song over and over, that usually does help somewhat...

I think I have the chorus now, it's just the rhythm chords for the first solo that are giving me problems cos all I can hear is the bass. :erk: