"Changes you'd like to see in the next decade of music?"

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Here is the first post from an interesting thread on the Braveboard that I wanted to share here:

here is what I'd like to see:

1. More good/worthwhile bands leaving the labels and becoming directly connected with their fans. Technology is already here for that!

It's just like one guy at other forum said,

"Fact is, with today's technology, & what will be coming tomorow, the smart musician can sell his product direct to the public & keep all the money, which is HIS money since he has made the product.

cutting out all the greedy middlemen is a good thing"

2. Dynamic range being brought back in metal and rock albums (I know wishful thinking, but a man can dream, can he? ) and a change to a BETTER record production style. Possibly a return to old-school way of recording albums or whatever.....

3. Next audio format that is able to duplicate original master source (be it a tape or a hard-drive) exactly 1 on 1 without any loss, unlike CD's where their sampling rate doesn't allow that. I heard there were some that came close, but they still weren't exact.

Original thread: http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67728&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

btw - looks like WoY is already a part of that band/indy label future! That's why our process has been so frustrating:)Puke:), we were already years ahead of our time! :)

i would love to see more substance in the music in general. i find too many albums have so much filler on it - i guess the need to pump out steady albums has its downside eventually

not so much in terms of bands, but in sound and availability of music..... I would like to see CD's still being made and sold, through bands or stores. I am NOT down for electronically sold music where I get nothing in my hands.

You could probably write an essay on the changes technology (specifically the internet) has brought with band/label relations. Its an interesting idea, but labels serve today as advertising machines and organizers for bands, and are still needed really. (IMO). This is an interesting idea, personally I'd like to see more interesting post-rock and post-metal (or whatever you want to call it) bands, especially ones pushing the envelope. Both genres are really like 10 or less years old, but they're really growing communities (specifically post-rock), and it would be great if it got more recognition and publicity over the next years.