Chicago Powerfest 2008 dates announced

Where do you draw the line? If Iron Maiden was playing Chicago on Wednesday night, would they be part of the Powerfest line up as well?

All I'm saying is, I judge these two fests based on the line ups the respective promoters put together. If you choose to judge based on what's going on over a period of three days, that's your call. Regardless, these semantic conversations are kind of pointless. It's a tom-ay-to / tom-ah-to kind of thing. Let's agree to disagree.

Zod

Um...I happen to know that the promoters of Powerfest is bringing the Pagenfest tour over to the Pearl Room financially...so yeah...it is DEFINITELY part of Powerfest.

Man, I absolutely LOVE Turisas SO much! I always said if they had ever made it to the States, regardless of location, I would be there. But now, I am just TOO broke to possibly go to Powerfest!

They have been one of my favorite "new" bands since I heard 'Battle Metal' for the first time a couple of years ago or so. Although I haven't really had a chance to buy or listen to their new album much.

I was convinced I'd get to Powerfest, it looks like I MIGHT have to find some friends who wanna drive 9.5 hours for this show instead..

I really hate that drive...

9.5 Hours? It took us 11 just to get from Chicago to Atlanta in 2002 for PP3 and that was going straight through. I think you're looking at at lease 12 hours.

Where do you draw the line? If Iron Maiden was playing Chicago on Wednesday night, would they be part of the Powerfest line up as well?

Zod

You do realize that plenty of festivals (even PPUSA) have booked bands this way right? As I said before, NEMAHCF is pretty much entirely comprised of this concept.

Either way I think you're missing the point. You seem to think that Paganfest is playing on the weekend of Powerfest and the Powerfest people are simply calling it the pre party for the sake of it. This is not the case. If Powerfest wanted, they could mix up those bands in with the bands playing Friday and Saturday... but they didn't. I guess making you happy wasn't on their agenda. :D :lol:

and Magius- I see your point, but it will take a lot on the Pre-Party's effort to convince me that PPUSA is superior. And I'll say this again, just because I think one is better doesn't mean I'm knocking the "worse" one. PPUSA 2008 is a sick lineup and I will try very hard to make it out there this year. If I thought the lineup wasn't good I simply wouldn't be going in the first place. I'm just hating... because I love. :D

All I'm saying is, I judge these two fests based on the line ups the respective promoters put together. If you choose to judge based on what's going on over a period of three days, that's your call.

No, because Paganfest IS officially part of Powerfest, on their Chicago stop. They're selling three-day passes that include Paganfest... and those of us who are sponsoring CPF are getting in for all three days as well.

By your logic, you could refer to Friday and Saturday of CPF as two separate events, because tickets are being sold (optionally) on an individual basis.