Children Of Bodom on tour 2016

PowerMaiden

To ride the storm ...
Sep 21, 2003
Montreal
www.ironmaiden.qc.ca
Not a single thread about Bodom current tour ?! wtf are you guys talking about in the other threads ...

anyway, seeing them for the 14 th time tonight in Montreal on a one off night from the Megadeth tour, they are always a threat live even though they always play the same old shit I still love 'Em. great party every time. Hard to be really excited though when I have 3 Iron Maiden shows in the upcoming week. ..

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Not a single thread about Bodom current tour ?! wtf are you guys talking about in the other threads ...

Just some batshit crazy inside stuff. There's no more regulars.

...live even though they always play the same old shit

And this is why there's nothing else going on. I skipped them the last 3 times in my hometown because of the thing you stated.

The band needs to focus on atmosphere and start making extreme metal again and choosing exciting rarities for live shows. Alexi still wants to compose spontaneously, but the problem is he's given so much already, now he should choose a theme. They need to understand what was epic about their music in the past, focus on those aspects and get passionate with it. The idea for an epic song should be in Alexi's head before he touches his guitar, that's my advice. When you have no theme, colour, style or feeling in your mind, the album materializes into something watered down.

It might even be possible they haven't paid any attention whatsoever to my ideas here over the last year or two, despite my attempts to describe very deeply what elements set them apart from other bands and what their special thing is.

What's clear with IWC is one thing, the speed needs to increase. More information packed in tighter time frame makes the whole thing more energetic and rich to process for our attention span.

I won't go into description mode again... except to point out the speed needs to be there, the menacing riffing needs to be there, the energy, creative drum attacks, unforgettable melodies... orchestral hits and unisons talking with main melody... that's where nobody beats them. What deserves a mention tho is I never understood what was good about Pantera, so I might totally miss certain aspects that were possibly brought intentionally to the newer stuff.

Last edited:
well I for one thought that Halo Of Blood was a fucking great record with some old school elements, it is, to me, in their top 4-5 records, and they choose to play only 3 songs of it live and not the best of them, far from it.. This time around it's the same thing. the album is not as good as HoB but still not bad and 3 new songs only and the same old ones. I'm sure fans would likely gave up regular staples like Hate Me! , In Your Face, Angels or Needled in favor of rarities like The Nail, Hatebreeder or fucking Lil Bloodred Riding Hood.

Although one of my favorite band Children Of Bodom has the most predictable setlist and that's not a good thing.

but hey, I'll scream again tonight ''I Don't Give A Fuck If You Hate Me !'' fo the 14 th time ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

People were talking about this already in 2008.

I guess it was really awesome at one point they resurrected Bed of Razors, Kissing the Shadows, Mask of Sanity, Children of Decadence, Towards Dead End, Warheart... but even then the problem was - Warheart was good - but the keyboard sound in Razors and Decadence intro was wrong, and they didn't play the solo sections of Mask, Decadence, Towards... it's not the same thing at all without them. Children of Decadence is the fan favourite by voting, with a cult aura, just intense intensity, they should play it properly, especially as the solo section is great and important part of it. It would be a majestic song on the set again if they played it properly. Alexi's current vocals also fit that song, which is curious. Then there are other great options too.

Last edited:
good night last, not great but still good. a bit short for a headline set:

x1x5oh.jpg

1. Are You Dead Yet?
2. In Your Face
3. Morrigan
4. I Hurt
5. Everytime I Die
6. Silent Night, Bodom Night
7. Hate Me!
8. Angels Don't Kill
9. Blooddrunk
10. I Worship Chaos
11. Hate Crew Deathroll
12. Bodom After Midnight

Encore:
13. Lake Bodom
14. Downfall

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Reactions: sleeper666
Did they forget how to play their other songs or what... I could understand playing a set they can play blindfolded if they wanna compose new music while touring, but they don't do that. They say some songs just work live and some don't... whether that means sound or crowd reaction... but you can't judge it just based on crowd reaction. Grown up or sober people just don't scream and wave hands in the crowd or run in pits. You play some cool rarity and damn sure I'll come again... I Hurt doesn't deserve to be played live, to begin with, thinking how they didn't even try All Twisted... I guess it's kinda depressing to go back in a certain era and practice something like Roadkill Morning to try it live...

Last edited:
Return Hatebreeder to the set to replace Downfall. Then Taste of My Scythe to replace Hate Me, Children of Decadence (full) to replace BAM. And Punch Me I Bleed to replace HCDR. Then it would be about futher taking over the world (keep the scythe swinging) not just checking in to see if people remember you.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Latest setlist from Mexico gig. Children Of Decandence, Trashed, Lost & Strungout and Children Of Bodom back in the set!

Reactions: sleeper666
What are my eyes seeing, an actually surprising 'old' song resurrected in the setlist??? Hell froze over if they're playing Trashed, Lost & Strungout. Live videos plz. And I suppose it was meant to be 'Thrashed', so typo in the official title.

Children of Decadence full, or they skip to Hate Me at the solo? That sucks cos the solo section in that song is epic and nostalgic, they need to play it. So, mixed feelings.

The fact they're playing T,L&S is seriously the first surprise in a very long time.

Wow, I was just insisting once again that they absolutely need to play COD full solo sections included as it's their fan-voted best song and a cult song that never got the recognition it deserved, and now they're finally doing it, 16 years after release. Bravo! Would like to experience it live and see how the atmosphere translates to live environment.

Very important tho to play that epic keyboard part at 1:19 - 1:25 there, not sure why Janne's not playing it, instead backing Alexi's acoustic solo section. I think that short keyboard line is one of the iconic nostalgia moments. Play that and then join the solo at 1:31.

The last keyboard solo and the riffs when going from solo to chorus is one of the best moments (2:02 - 2:17), how could they not have played it live before is beyond me, well, never too late!

Now if we could only have a graphic of a pale full moon rising to the backstage monitors during this song...

Live vids of Trashed, please, didn't find any yesterday.

Last edited:
Glad they're finally changing their setlist up a little bit. I skipped seeing them last time they were here cause it was pretty much the exact same shit. I think I remember them saying Trashed didn't work well as a live song so they only played it once or so- glad they're playing it again as it's my favourite song off that album. Full Children Of Decadence is awesome as well- Maybe Freyberg is having influence on them playing older stuff? I noticed he was moving around a bit more now & doing backing vocals which is cool.

I really wish they'd ditch downfall- it's a good song & a tradition to play it but there are so many better ones on hatebreeder. How cool would it be if instead of closing with that they play a random song off of hatebreeder?

Btw, the video of that gig also proves that the TAB of COD on this site is wrong, although it sounds insanely good.

Nice. It's exciting to see song resurrections. There's definitely many other candidates that were talked about here years and years ago.