Children of Bodom

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
Seems like a lot of otherwise discriminating metalheads have an affection for this band. Am I missing something? I've heard some of their stuff, and I've never been impressed. The CoB forums also have a sort of "preteen" vibe to them for some reason... I dunno. Do they really suck as bad as they seem to, or have I been listening to the wrong songs?

I like some of their stuff, I think the main reason for people thinking they're awesome is because they think Alexi Laiho is the best guitarist ever (hence the "preteen vibe"). Which he obviously not. Most of the leads stay within one mode of a scale, he doesn't really move around too much. As I said I like some of their albums, but there is a lot of arrogance from most of the fan population. Their better albums are "Hatebreeder" and "Follow the Reaper".

I like some of their stuff, I think the main reason for people thinking they're awesome is because they think Alexi Laiho is the best guitarist ever (hence the "preteen vibe"). Which he obviously not. Most of the leads stay within one mode of a scale, he doesn't really move around too much. As I said I like some of their albums, but there is a lot of arrogance from most of the fan population. Their better albums are "Hatebreeder" and "Follow the Reaper".

Sorry about the double post...

i dont get why they get flamed so much

theyre a decent band, a little overrated but they have a few great songs, i used to love them when i was younger. laiho is a pretty good guitarist, but not as amazing as people make him out to be.

Older stuff is average and nothing more, but the newer stuff is completely pathetic, and Alexi is a decent guitarist, but definately not the best. And this forum can sometimes have a "pre-teen" vibe to it also, however mabye not as much as the CoB forum. It is really funny to go over there and see what people are saying. There are some really stupid and ignorant folks over there.

i think threads like these are the downfall of the forum while the... PROGRESSIVE ROCK THREAD IS LIKE 10 PAGES DOWN

Seems like a lot of otherwise discriminating metalheads have an affection for this band. Am I missing something? I've heard some of their stuff, and I've never been impressed. The CoB forums also have a sort of "preteen" vibe to them for some reason... I dunno. Do they really suck as bad as they seem to, or have I been listening to the wrong songs?

Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper shall give you good orgasms