CHOOSE A THEOCRACY SONG!!!

Kinda off-topic,but I've been wondering this for a while. We all know that Matt wrote all the parts for the self-titled album, but what about Mirror Of Souls and this new album? Did you help write MoS and are you help writing the new one, or did Matt write every part again and just have you play them?

Kinda off-topic,but I've been wondering this for a while. We all know that Matt wrote all the parts for the self-titled album, but what about Mirror Of Souls and this new album? Did you help write MoS and are you help writing the new one, or did Matt write every part again and just have you play them?

Read the credits in Mirror of Souls, All 3 members have credits for different songs :). Also, yes, I am going to have a lot to do with the third album. That was one of my biggest thing about joining this band. I am a writer and wanted to contribute a lot.

It's not that simple for me. I'd like to get someone professional on it and not have to investigate a random musician for their ability you know? That will just make th process THAT much slower.

Mike Portnoy just left Dream Theater...Call him! :p

Val hasn't heard me play office desk hand drums yet. It's almost real, but not quite.

I have a confession. I hooked up a mic and did live playback so I could play loud desk drums in my room once. lol. it was awesome. I used pencils as sticks.

Awesome vid, Val !

I hooked up a mic and did live playback so I could play loud desk drums in my room once. lol. it was awesome. I used pencils as sticks.
Haha, I have an e-drum set just next to me, that's a thousand times better, you should get one haha ! But before that I played hand-drums on every desk (including at school :rofl:, but I worked a lot too :p).
BTW I love Shawn Benson's playing style, and his fills are awesome :D

Hope you'll get a good drumer Val !

Dude... your crazy! Haha! Where do you find such things? :lol:

I forgot where I found that. He is actually a talented jazz drummer. Look at this clip:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6sWh607NH4&feature=channel[/ame]

People would be surprised to find how much drum machines are actually used in songs. Like I said before, in the hands of a good musician they can be pretty good. Most people don't want to put the time and effort into making it work, so hey sound just like a machine. Also a lot of people record them straight into the board, which makes them sound dry and sterile.