Choosing a Record

Hungy

New Metal Member
Feb 10, 2003
USA
conkril.monoperative.net
This is a ridiculous first post, but I need some help fellows!!

I've got Still Life, and it's one of the most beautiful goddamned albums I've heard yet. The clean vocals are especially great, the composition is incredible, et cetera, et cetera, you all know how that goes, right?

Anywhen, I'm getting the first paycheck I've gotten in about nine months, and the first thing I'm doing is picking up a few records that I've had my eye on for quite awhile. Obviously enough, I've decided to pick up another Opeth disc. The problem is : which one?

I haven't really heard much from BP or Deliverance yet... there's only one other guy on campus that's into Opeth, and he generally isn't around to hang out very often. I'd wait to hear his copies of the stuff, but that's too long.

So: Based on the fact that I absolutely love SL, would you guys recommend Blackwater Park or Deliverance more? From what I've heard of Deliverance, it's not quite as much my thing as Still Life, but that was only a quick listen and it's entirely unfair to judge based on that.

Any opinions?

Well, Blackwater Park should be your next move if you like Still Life so much. It is the most similar to it.

Yeah definately get BWP (my favorite Opeth album), it is the most similar in style to Still Life..... but I don't think that its as alike as Still Life as most people say.....

BWP is much darker, gloomier, and atmospheric.......

Overall, the album is a masterpiece that I can't praise highly enough.....

Blackwater Park is closest to Still Life than the other albums, but they are not identical albums.

Honestly you can't go wrong with any Opeth album you get...

Originally posted by leafblower
It really doesn't matter which album you get, as long as it says "Opeth" on the front it's money WELL spent.

my thoughts exactly. Though, BWP is more similar to SL than Deliverance, though not necessarily better.