Christian metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously Cynical, you argument saying "X, you have a bad taste in music" is not better than any arguments for christian metal. I wish people could stop doing that. Taste in music is subjective, I'm sure you listen to shit bands when you're alone but you're just trying to be another stupid metal elitist preaching his crap.

You just suck.

Ah, these Christian metal threads always make me laugh. They have to bust into debates and insults so predictably. Of course its the nazi biker-mice and anus-dwellers that feel they need to add more wood to the fire. I guess some people consider themselves too good or intelligent to respect any other beliefs, but when it plays a role in the music we listen to, what a load of shit.

Cynical, would you get pissed off if some Christian refused to listen to metal because it was a different view? What if he bashed it relentlessly and sought to tear down everything it stood for? Don't be a hypocrite, man. You're just as blind as those you accuse, if not moreso.

circus_brimstone said:
Could UM have an interview in the works? Maybe, maybe not. ;)

I run Crimson Moonlight's forum, and I'll suggest it to them, if you'd like. I'd bet they're willing to, but I dunno how busy they are.

TaylorC said:
Cynical, would you get pissed off if some Christian refused to listen to metal because it was a different view? What if he bashed it relentlessly and sought to tear down everything it stood for? Don't be a hypocrite, man.

I reckon he'd be perfectly fine with that actually.

Everytime somone mentions anus.com the movie 'Revenge of The Nerds' comes to mind.

Cythraul (directed at Cynical) said:
I am in no way a fan of Christian metal but...

Holy shit, man! When are you going to stop letting anus.com do all the thinking for you? You have no clue how fundamentally stupid and irrational your shit, rehashed views are. Your gimmick isn't very convincing; go back to the 3rd grade, you fucktard.
profanity aside, i applaud that post. i'm sick of being told im "wrong" based on what someone copy and pasted from somewhere else. if you cynical, or anyone else, wants to say that either me, zao, or any other christian is "wrong", please at least do it with your own words and views. don't just pull it out of your anus.

edit: and do it in the freakin philosophy forum. NOT HERE.

Cynical said:
If they are using the art to express themselves rather than just as a mode to fit into a social structure to preach their christianity, then why are they using an aesthetic that was designed to convey what christianity is against?

A good bit of metal is influence by classical music, which is often "sacred" music. Just because a song sounds sad doesn't mean it's against Christianity. Just because a band is Christian doesn't mean they always have to sing happy music. Sacred music doesn't always sound happy.

And for future reference, anyone who does something stupid like coming into a topic about Christian music and posting stupid satanic lyrics needs to get a life.

edit: and do it in the freakin philosophy forum. NOT HERE.

Although this thread is dumb as hell, I don't think the philosophy forum was created as an excuse to silence discussion elsewhere.

So why do all your satanist bands take things from classical music and turn it into "evil" music?

Because people are simple. It's not Christianity's fault that there are a lot of simple people who aren't really interested in music. So taking something originally intended for something secular and using it for religious purposes is a tactic. And it's been used for a long time, by lots of people, not just Christians. It's not a musical tactic, it's a tactic to get whoever to see the message you're trying to spread.

Cynical said:
Music is an attempt to communicate; it's pretty much impossible to communicate a message glorifying so-called "evil" if you're openly christian and do a decent job of it.

I don't understand why you and Gallantry Over Docility seem to think this way. Music is music, if you want to create something that sounds "evil" (or you could call it sad, mournful and do the same thing, it doesn't have to be "evil") you use minor scales, slow melodies, etc. There's no belief system involved in it. Lots of christian classical composers created sad, mournful, epic, etc. melodies.

Zhou Tai 04, where is ultimatum, vengeance rising (now called Once Dead), Recon and Deliverance on your list? Perhaps I just missed them.

Mormagil said:
Although this thread is dumb as hell, I don't think the philosophy forum was created as an excuse to silence discussion elsewhere.
no no you misunderstood.

this thread was created with the intention of naming and collecting a list of christian metal bands and discussing them, as well as informing people of christian metal.

there is already a topic in the philosophy forum discussing the merits and drawbacks of christianity. why derail this thread's purpose when said topic can be discussed in the thread already created about it?

These kind of threads are really funny..it's always the same repeated over and over again.

Evil guy: Metal should be evil!!
Musical guy: I don't care about the lyrics, I listen to it for the music.
Mediator: It's all a matter of tastes and opinion.

It goes on like that forever. I must admit I was lightly entertained by all this but I will blame my extreme boredom at work right now.

This thread is about Christian metal, and so far most of the crap Cynical posted had to do with Christian metal.

Comes with the territory, you might say.

Hey all,
I haven't read every post here but are you guys who are against Christian metal aware that some major players in the metal scene are devout Christians?
Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, Nicko Mcbrain from Iron Maiden, members of Shadow Gallery, Magnitude Nine, Threshold, Dan Spitz from Anthrax, Dave Ellefson from Megadeth, John Petrucci from Dream Theater and MANY others are believers.

I also need to ask... Donnie Darko....
What the hell is that animal in your sig man???

eternal sanctum said:
Hey all,
I haven't read every post here but are you guys who are against Christian metal aware that some major players in the metal scene are devout Christians?
Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, Nicko Mcbrain from Iron Maiden, members of Shadow Gallery, Magnitude Nine, Threshold, Dan Spitz from Anthrax, Dave Ellefson from Megadeth, John Petrucci from Dream Theater and MANY others are believers.

That made me laugh. :tickled:

Not getting involved with this thread though, sick of this topic.

argggh, Cynical is one annoying little shit. Your arguments are baseless.

Hell, I don't like 95% of the bands on that dude's list, but that's because of musical reasons. Lyrics do not fucking matter.

I am so fucking sick of you x-tians constantly trying to blow sunshine up everyone's ass. And even more disgusted by the legions of leftist sympathizers that just can't stop preaching about tolerance and all the rest of your "PC" rhetoric. Do yourselves a favor and jump off the capitulation band wagon, you'll feel much better in the end.
Metal is aggression, fury and not generally giving half a fuck about the status quo. X-tianity has NO place in metal so fuck off. Take your christianity, islam and judiasm and ram them up your collective asses. They're three weeds from the same root that needs to be exterminated once and for all.

Oh boy...I just happened to check the list of bands listed on teh first page. And Vomitorial Corpulence caught my attention, I really wanted to see what a christian goregrind band would be like.

I think they have the best lyrics ever! :lol: After reading those I really had something clicking in me and now I will live a better life!

Exemples:

Pathogenesis - (H.S.H.)
Satan you are a loser, the victory has be won, CHRIST is going to crush your head and grind you to a pulp, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull.

Surgical Disgorgement
Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GOD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead. Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GOD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead.

And probably their biggest success:

FESTERING INSALUBRIOUS BOWEL HEMORRHAGING OF CANCEROUS PUSTULOSUS AND ABDOMINAL ABSCESS DISCHARGE OF THE INTESTINAL TRACTHemorrhaging, festering, discharge of puss Disfunctional paralysing sickness of the bowel Rotting of internal and intestinal tract Stenching putrefaction of abdominal puss Festering sin infects your carcass Poison seeps into your vains, and your brain Sin fills your body with unwanted cancer, and you fill your body with pain Stop your body from its sinning nature, you must turn to God for help Gangrenous puss in your brain, malignant abscess in your heart Festering excrement in your body, hemorrhaging abscess in your mind Choked coronary artery, detatched brain nartrons Disfunctional internal organs, discharged tumorous muck, and puss Malfunction of antibodies, meltdown of your brain Stop your body from its sinning nature, you most turn to God for help

Darth Kur said:
They're three weeds from the same root that needs to be exterminated once and for all.

Ignoring your diction, you don't seem to have an original thought in your entire body. Quit being a fucking drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.