Christian metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP, your posts on this page are gold. :worship: if anything is to be said on the good/bad of these bands, lets keep it musical in base.

as for Gallantry, i think you're bowing out of this discussion because you don't think you can support it. is anus.com running out of quotes for you?

Ben_t said:
Oh boy...I just happened to check the list of bands listed on teh first page. And Vomitorial Corpulence caught my attention, I really wanted to see what a christian goregrind band would be like.

I think they have the best lyrics ever! :lol: After reading those I really had something clicking in me and now I will live a better life!

Exemples:

Pathogenesis - (H.S.H.)
Satan you are a loser, the victory has be won, CHRIST is going to crush your head and grind you to a pulp, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Hammering Satans Head, Crush his skull.

Surgical Disgorgement
Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GOD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead. Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GOD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead.

And probably their biggest success:

FESTERING INSALUBRIOUS BOWEL HEMORRHAGING OF CANCEROUS PUSTULOSUS AND ABDOMINAL ABSCESS DISCHARGE OF THE INTESTINAL TRACTHemorrhaging, festering, discharge of puss Disfunctional paralysing sickness of the bowel Rotting of internal and intestinal tract Stenching putrefaction of abdominal puss Festering sin infects your carcass Poison seeps into your vains, and your brain Sin fills your body with unwanted cancer, and you fill your body with pain Stop your body from its sinning nature, you must turn to God for help Gangrenous puss in your brain, malignant abscess in your heart Festering excrement in your body, hemorrhaging abscess in your mind Choked coronary artery, detatched brain nartrons Disfunctional internal organs, discharged tumorous muck, and puss Malfunction of antibodies, meltdown of your brain Stop your body from its sinning nature, you most turn to God for help

LOL

jesus christ

Cythraul said:
I am in no way a fan of Christian metal but...

Holy shit, man! When are you going to stop letting anus.com do all the thinking for you? You have no clue how fundamentally stupid and irrational your shit, rehashed views are. Your gimmick isn't very convincing; go back to the 3rd grade, you fucktard.

I owe you an apology...I said I would punch you in the face because I was confusing you with Cynical. Now I realize that Cynical is the anal anus.com droid, and not you.

Also, Cynical, you're entirely and 100% discredited for your comments regarding Manilla Road. It's time to grow up. Christianity is not a plague upon society in the way that you would like to believe, and Christians are no less capable of being evil or playing Metal in general. Also, being that it's merely a form of music and nothing more, to suggest that 'Metal' is inherently 'evil' is just kind of fucking stupid and pretentiously amateurish in terms of idealistic wannabeism.

Christians except a jewish martyr as their savior. Now judaism, christianity is tied together.

Skjebnevette: How much of a faggot do you have to be to be BOTHERED BY THE EXISTENCE OF CHRISTIAN METAL BANDS
superwanbini: As much of a faggot as Cynical, it seems.

The Greys said:
Christians except a jewish martyr as their savior. Now judaism, christianity is tied together.

*accept

So what you're saying is that all Nazis and Neo-Nazis should hate Christians too? What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

I don't understand why a Christian would want to make music that is inherently opposed to what he believes in. Why would a Christian band want to make harsh, aggressive and evil-sounding music (though that applies more to Christian black metal)?

Other than that, I don't give a crap if Christians want to make metal - but I'd have thought there are more suitable genres for them to look into.

by the way i didn't read this fucking gay thread but i'm pretty sure it's just cynical regurgitating a bunch of tired anusisms :)

I don't understand why a Christian would want to make music that is inherently opposed to what he believes in.

I know it's been said about 500,000,000 times already but it's pretty absurd to say a series of tones can "oppose" anything...or is it OK to anthropomorphize sound and nothing else?

I think it would be pretty retarded if a Satanic band wrote happy-go-lucky pop songs.

Int said:
I don't understand why a Christian would want to make music that is inherently opposed to what he believes in. Why would a Christian band want to make harsh, aggressive and evil-sounding music (though that applies more to Christian black metal)?

I don't really know about specific Christian Black Metal bands.....as I imagine a lot of them are rather generic and bland. That comes with the territory, as none of the black metal originators were Christians. That's what I don't really like about some Christian bands, as they just want to copy, not forge their own musical direction. But as I said earlier, that's because they're not going for musical goals, But I don't necessarily see black metal as having to be "evil." There's fluctuation within the genre. Of course some kinds of sounds are always going to be rotten and evil sounding, but I see a lot of black metal as being really beautiful sounding, things like 'In The Nightside Eclipse,' 'Aspera Hiems Symfonia,' 'Goat Horns,' etc.

haha i started an internets argument

I'd say that pretty much all decent black metal has an evil atmosphere. In the Nightside Eclipse could be considered beautiful but only in a very dark and, yes, 'evil' way.

Oh and yes I know this topic isn't solely about Christian black metal, but in my view a Christian making metal is kind of like a Satanist writing pop. It doesn't fit.

Replacing GOD with GoD made these lyrics even more hilarious.

Ben_t said:
Surgical Disgorgement
Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GoD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead. Surgical disgorgement of demonic cancer, GoD is the spirtual surgeon to our lifes, he brings healing to our bodys, he brings hope to our lifes, he brings joy to our hearts, he brings life to the spirtualy dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.