Christmas loot

here's what I got from...

Parents:
- Godiva chocolate truffles
- an ornament from Germany
- a Santa ornament
- blue jeans washed in gold (yes, real gold) from Cache. Unfortunately, the zipper broke within 10 minutes of me putting them on. NO, they were not too small. If anything, they were too big. So now I don't have those jeans. We had to send them back. Hopefully Cache will send me replacement jeans.
- She-Ra Vol. 2 DVD
- Animaniacs Vol. 3 DVD

Relatives:
- a movie pack with popcorn, candy, and other random stuff
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Frappuchinos
- NOEL decoration
- chocolates
- a candle saver (re-gifted, I'll never use it)
- room freshener sticks
- Hot Chocolate set

Al:
- Freak Kitchen - Move
- After Forever - Exordium EP
- After Forever - Remagine
- After Forever - Invisible Circles
- After Forever - S/T
- Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
- Dresden Files season 1 DVD

Al's mom:
- Freak Kitchen - Dead Soul Men
- Freak Kitchen - S/T
- Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series
- assortment of teas in a big wooden box
- long sleeve t-shirt with horses on it
- 2008 Horses By The Sea callendar (technically Al's mom bought it, but it was from his little sister)
- a picture frame with a photo of Al and I inside
- picture holders
- numerous gift cards (some from Al's grandma, too)
- a scarf with horses on it (from Al's grandma)

Here's my list for my Birthday and Christmas (same day):

From myself to I:

-Xbox 360 with the following games: Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Forza Motorsport2 and Ultimate Marvel Alliance.

Parents:
-Lacoste sweater
-$50 Gift Certificate to Kohl's
-$200 cash
-Uconn Sweatshirt

Girlfriend:
-Guitar Hero III (Xbox360)
-Uconn T Shirt
-Uconn Hat
-Christmas Themed Coffee Mug
-Nautica Cologne Kit (with 4 different ones)

Friends/Other Relatives:

-Blackfield DVD
-$50 cash
-$25 Gift Certificate to Barnes and Noble
-Agua de Annique CD
-Urban Tales CD
-Old Navy Sweater
-Old Navy Shirt
-$25 Gift Certificate to American Eagle

I got...

A Washington National Jersey
A Redskins Training shirt
2 Transformers
My wife made me a huge Redskins Blanket
Six Books (including the "Dangerous Book for Boys", my wife is going to regret buying this for me..muahhahahahahhah)
Two CD's

A 2004 Chevy Trailblazer
And a new puppy..

Oh yeah... I have 14 people in my house until Monday AM, which in itself isn't bad. except I'm a telecommuter and I have to work today...... not getting a whole lot done

I got myself a Toshiba Regza 47 inch 1080P LCD HDTV and a playstation 3 for the Blu Ray dealio. Got a few nick knacks from my Mom, new Hamilton Beach Brew master coffee machine which is very cool. Some Polo Cologne and a couple of nice shirts...One of the better Holiday seasons I have had in years....

Bear

I also got a cheaply made sword and a Sagittarius emblem set in glasswork.

Welcome to my Christmas of last year! (You WERE joking about this part for my benefit, right?)

My mom and her hubby have an astonishing ability to get me stuff that's almost, but not quite, entirely UNLIKE me. :heh:

Last year they got me a cheap rapier-like sword. Keep in mind that I work for a blacksmith at RennFaire here and have 4 very sturdy, high-quality swords from the shop, including a $600 rapier. This is like hauling charcoal to Newcastle. :lol:

Last year they also got me an Aquarius emblem in glasswork on a lighted base. My distaste for astrology and other forms of "wooly thinking" is legendary. I felt better because my sisters all got the same thing (Leo and Gemini, actually). And it looks kinda nice.

Last year they also got me (well, all three of us) a Chik-Fil-A calendar. And of course, I don't patronize Chik-Fil-A because they discriminate in hiring on the basis of religion. Oh, well.

Now, set the wayforward machine for a few days ago.

My 2008 loot:

-- A cheap dagger. The box is labeled "Road Warrier III," which is funny in several ways. ("What, they've had three tries and still haven't spell-checked the box?") The dagger is actually cooler than last year's sword, since it's sharp and doesn't immediately rattle.

-- one set of votive candles. Yeah, I'm as religious as, say, Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir. :lol:

-- one 2008 Chik-Fil-A calendar. Ahhh yes, the triumphant return of The Cowz!

-- one toilet brush. I kid you not. My sisters each got one, too, which was nice because no-one should ever get a toilet brush for Christmas alone. :lol:

Attached to the "Road Warrier" box was a tiny Christmas stocking with my name on it. I almost threw it away with the wrapping paper since it looked purely decorative.
Close call.
"Paul, we knew you wouldn't like the sword [dagger], so we put a little something extra in that stocking."
It was $75.
I felt like I'd just gotten a Daisy Red Ryder 200 Shot Carbine Action BB Air Rifle. :lol:
(I immediately -- and quietly -- re-gifted $50 of it to one of my sisters since she's now wheelchair-bound.)

Oh, full disclosure: my sisters got me a Best Buy and Wal-Mart gift card.

Despite my good-natured grumblings above, it was actually a very nice Christmas. Prime-rib roast! Yum! :saint:

fencing sabre

NOW we're talkin'! :heh:

ok, between me and Patrick, we got quite a few metal cds:

new Gamma Ray
new Helloween
new Pagan's Mind
new Elvenking
new Epica
new Kamelot
new Ensiferum
new Fairyland
Pathosray debut
Raintime's debut
Dark Moor (2 releases)
Dungeon (remastered first album w/ live cd)
Thalion (2004 release)
Nevermore - In Memory (remaster)
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality (remaster)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Karen also received the new Sebastian Bach release and the new Eagles release, plus a Poison 'videos' dvd. She also received a new LG Verizon phone (w/camera, etc), a purse, clothes, shoes, jewelry...

Patrick received a wireless unit for his bass guitar, the cd's listed above in bold, Pirates 3 dvd, Hellgate: London Computer Game, clothes and jewelry for the stage, etc., a Slayer shirt, a cheap sword, some cash for more music equipment...

and then I received a nice Braun electric shaver, several wrestling DVDs, Squidbillies season one dvd, some AC/DC jammies, an Iron Maiden 'Benjamin Breeg' shirt, some New Balance shoes, a cheap sword, some cash, a Best Buy gift card, Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles *Homer Simpson drool*... hmmm... trying to recall if there was anything else. I guess that was enough anyway. =)

I got
A ticket to Iron Maiden!!!!:headbang::headbang:
A wicked Scorpion Key Chain, Cd holder and flashlight (yeah all with Scorpions on 'em)
a wooden Scorpion "puzzle"
Zeppelin- Mothership
PJ's
a one hour massage at Glenn Ivy Day spa
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure DVD
Ghostbuster dbl DVD set
Sensual Amber body spray
$25 mc giftcard
handheld Tetris game

and 4 days before Christmas the worst case of flu I've ever had:zombie:

Welcome to my Christmas of last year! (You WERE joking about this part for my benefit, right?)

It was Aquarius? Oh ok, I thought it was the other sign. Yeah, how could I not post that to rip on you?

"Road Warrier III"

That is...awesome. I love the cheap knife/sword factories, my favorite product from them in several years is "The Spider's Vengeance." it is a presumably unofficial knockoff that is Spider-Man's fist thrusting up holding a knife. Spidey's gettin' lethal!

I must say this Xmas was awesome. Not many CDs or DVDs because I buy everything when it comes out:). My girlfriend did however track down a copy of the Iron Maiden "Eddie's Archives" box for me. Got some other awesome things too...

Books...
Nikki Sixx: The Heroin Diaries
Chapter & Verse: Autobiography of Genesis

got a cool longsleeve Helloween shirt
finally got an Operation: Mindcrime 1 t-shirt
a Helloween snow hat (or a "beanie" as some would say, others would say a "skully", some might say "knit cap". either way you get the point)
and possibly the coolest gift..

a Mago de Oz snow hat!

any love out there for Mago de Oz? Spanish Pirate Metal!?

Hope you all had a good holiday and have a bad-ass new year!!!

My luggage was lost. For a few hours. Luckily I was close enough to the airport to get it back.

My luggage appeared to be lost... luckily, I was looking over at the next carousel while bitching to Kim about having waited 45 minutes and the carousel stopping, and I spotted my second bag on the WRONG carousel. There were probably 60+ people in the "baggage services" line, too, so it's a good thing. Wonder how much of theirs was just on the wrong carousel.

What did I get for Xmas... a week and a half with my wonderful husband and stepdaughter (well, a week of it anyway), a knife set and doubler-boiler specifically for candy-making, a DVD, some cash, a "1000 places to see before you die" book, a handmade scarf, and a few other odds and ends from colleagues and stuff. May not sound like much to some, but I'm quite satisfied. :D

Shaye

I got
A ticket to Iron Maiden!!!!:headbang::headbang:

I told my girlfriend I'd immediately get down on one knee and give her a ring if she got me one of those. Guess what I didn't get :(

I got the book Children of Hurin. It's one of those books Christopher Tolkien has written from JRR's notes. I usually hate those books, but this one has really been a great read so far. Highly recommended.