Chronology MCMXCIV- MMV - A Live Observation By Opeth

Hi guys!

What it means is that we're doing a set based on the chronological order of the albums. The set will be long but I don't think more than 2½ hrs...we usually do round 1hr 45/50 or something I reckon. But it will be quite exclusive in terms of setlist + presentation. We will play songs we've never played before in NA and songs we've never played before period. There will only be 3 of these shows I think so grab your tickets...I think it's gonna be seated as well, don't know why really but it's alright with us, we've done that before. No support on these shows either...

Cheers guys!
Mike

^ wow hello Almighty :worship: :worship: :worship:
good to hear from you.
Can't wait to see you :Spin:

and Mikael, I beg you, please answer, will there be a Los Angeles date for those shows?
San Diego is 21+ (stupid HOB,but i will be there even though i wont be able to go in), so at least a LA date will be good. :D

edit: DAMN i missed Mikael.. only if i was 3 mins faster :lol:

And a confirmation from the Man Himself ! :worship:

Enjoy your Opeth evening People. :Spin:

It has been said that these shows maybe recorded for a future DVD release? is this us being presumptuous or optimistic??

Please confirm. :hotjump:

Finally, any chance of putting a show together like this for your UK Opethians later this year Mike...

PLEASE

TIA.

I just read off the Roadrunner records website that on the 14th of March they will be doing the Chronology at the Wiltern Theater. But I can not find anything about when the tickets go on sale, anyone know?

A Fair Judgment said:
I don't know if I would want a DVD without Lopez. Would anyone?

Sure, they can't just stop making albums/dvds/magazine covers until he is back, which will of course be amazing if he can, and will make a future DVD with him back even better!

But there were bootleg Opeth shows before he was in the band, and they played shows and made albums before that too, so its not the end of the world if he isn't playing drums, since there isn't much anyone can do to change that.

We all wish him well and that he could be an active part of the band, but I think it will be a great nod to him, I am sure he wouldn't want them to miss out on something like this even if he can't be a part of it. And at least he will be able to see it like all of us, even though its not the same as being there and doing it, but you know.

lucky bastards. i'm not even sure if there is going to be a texas date, and you guys get an "evening with opeth". this is one of the only times i hate being a texan. texas is often forgotten whenever a band tours for the second time in the U.S.

i believe the LA show is all ages according to the roadrunner website.

Here's the info:
3/14/2006
The Wiltern 3790 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
All Ages: An Evening with OPETH.
Tickets: $18.50 Rsvd Upper/
$22.50 Mz/
$25 Rsvd 2/
$28.50 Rsvd 1 + Loge ADV.

bloodlust rampant said:
lucky bastards. i'm not even sure if there is going to be a texas date, and you guys get an "evening with opeth". this is one of the only times i hate being a texan. texas is often forgotten whenever a band tours for the second time in the U.S.

that is so true. if we dont get a TX date, my girlfriend and i are thinking about flying to New Orleans for St. Patricks Day weekend, and catching Opeth there that Sunday evening.

I don't think it would be fair if they release a DVD without Lopez and it just wouldn't be the same... i don't like axenrot :( i like him though

Like I said in another thread:

Maybe Lopez is better (or will be before the tour) and will suprise us all in Feburary. Maybe start with a kick ass drum solo and then play the songs! OMG I CAN"T WAIT IF HE MIGHT BE BETTER!!!!!!!