Cigar thread

Souls of Black

Thrashing Tempest
Jul 2, 2002
Visit site
I have recently gotten into cigars. Anyone else here? I used to buy them at the local market, but I have found a tobaccanist that is wonderful. I quit smoking cigs over 15 years ago, but I do like a good cigar. Last night I bought a box of very good smokes, $200 plus for 25 cigars...:Smokin:

I think I'm just way to pragmatic to enjoy some like a good/expensive cigar. It's the same with fancy wine/food or whatever, I just need "it" to get the job done. So, no way in hell would I spend that much money on something to consume. But I can understand that some people can raise the quality of their life with something like that, just won't work for me. Maybe I'm just too boring, I don't know, I don't care...

I don't smoke them, but my father does... I know he likes H. Upmanns, medium... any more detail I have not, but there are others. I have some awesome boxes from his cigars too.

Cigars make me spit like crazy. Seems like every time I smoke one I end up with a huge nasty saliva puddle on the ground in front of me. On a rare occasion with other friends for a celebration, I will enjoy a cigar.

One time after band practice, we were heading for the pub and our bassist was trying to program his portable cd player while holding his mobile and a cigar at the same time. Eventually, he slipped off the sidewalk 'cause his brain was unable to process walking and handling his player at the same time. So while he was falling he burned his other hand with the cigar causing his player and mobile to be thrown all across the busy road. Bassists... :p

sorry Souls, but yee-uck!

I understand Ms A, and DL. Most women do not like said smokes. Guess it's a male thing. (Although I woould love to hear a women cigar smoker's opinion)

However, for those that do, I am really liking these more and more. I had one tonight and as I smoked it, I relaxed and kinda forgot about a lot o' shit happening.

Sorry Anvil, Cohiba's are Waaaaaay overpriced. Find a good shop like I did and you will be much happier while spending much less money. The Cohiba's that I tried were in the $12-15 dollar range. These Perdomo's are about half that, and are soooooo much better.

As far as the Blunt reference... I have not smoked weed for about 15 years, but when I did, I sure as hell would not put it in a cigar paper. For fuck's sake, that is why they make a bong.... Totally different kind of smoking.