Circus Maximus pre-party setlist?

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Can anyone post CM's setlist for the Wednesday night show? Or at least what you remember of it? Sad I had to miss it, but maybe it'll give me some insight on what to expect on Saturday. Thanks!

from what I can remember:

The Prophecy
Africa--Toto
Silence From Angels Above--the retooled version that was posted here a lil bit back
Hold the Line--Toto
Livin' on a Prayer--Bon Jovi
A bonus track from the First Chapter which I hadn't heard before
A Queensryche tune I didn't know the name of (I'm not too big on the 'Ryche)
The Final Countdown--Europe

That's what I can remember anyways

No repeats though? Shit.

"The Prophecy" is an awesome song, and I did see them play it at a different ProgPower, but I still would love to hear it. If the "bonus song" is Imperial Destruction, then I'm very very very sad to have missed it. That is one of the best songs on the album, and probably in my top 5 favorite CM songs.

No repeats though? Shit.

"The Prophecy" is an awesome song, and I did see them play it at a different ProgPower, but I still would love to hear it. If the "bonus song" is Imperial Destruction, then I'm very very very sad to have missed it. That is one of the best songs on the album, and probably in my top 5 favorite CM songs.

The bonus song was Imperial Destruction - I was glad to see it, but wish they would have saved it for Saturday as I believe a lot of people (like yourself) really love that song.

By the way, CM was awesome, the covers were really cool and a lot of fun for the crowd.

It wasn't too short though, almost an hour. Silence was killer!!!! Those guys are pure class.

Agreed. I'm sad to have missed last night and tonight, but believe me, I'm happy just to be able to come to the main festival - two days is better than none (plus, I still get to see CM on Saturday!) :headbang:

The bonus song was Imperial Destruction - I was glad to see it, but wish they would have saved it for Saturday as I believe a lot of people (like yourself) really love that song.

Agree - this is one of my favorite CM tunes! I'm so glad that we had an opportunity to hear CM on Wednesday night, as I would have been really disappointed to *not* hear Imperial Destruction, The Prophecy, and Silence from Angels Above.

I grew up on bands like Styx and Kansas, and I'm a total sucker for some kick ass vocal harmonies...so I *love* that all 5 guys can sing! For anyone that missed Truls doing "The Lady Wore Black" during Queensryche karaoke, all I can say is...DAMN!!!!*

I hope that someday I have an opportunity to see CM play a two-hour headlining set!

*I did think it was a little odd that Truls had to read the lyrics for such a classic...but then it occured to me that he might not have been born yet when the EP was first released. :lol: