Classical music...

NADatar said:
Seriously. Shit fucking rules. God damn shitwhorepisssnatchcuntlicking beeeeeyoooooooootiful music.

NAD was talking to himself again, hahahahaha.

I just got off of the couch after listening to classical for two hours under a completely dense oxycodone high. Amazing.

Schoenberg kics my dick in, especially "Lied der Waldtaube". I thought Stravinsky was pretty atonal... wow, this is seriously disturbing stuff. Haunting in ways the traditional scale could never convey

I've been listening to alot of Paganini and Vivaldi lately. Just finished the classical arrangements with my band for Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and and excerpt from Paganini's 5th caprice. Listened to some Waaaaaagner last night as well.

WAGNER because he was a raging anti-semite.
BRUCKNER because he was morbid and kvlt.
GRIEG because he was a true norse aryan romantic.

I can recommend most of Johannes Brahms' work and in particular the cello sonata by Edvard Grieg (played by Truls Mørk is best), Antonín Dvo?ák's Symphony no. 9 conducted by Leonard Bernstein and actually any recording of Guiseppe Verdi's Requiem.

how much do you guys know about composers from other than their music? do you read biographies, or memoirs, books, essays etc. that they've written themselves? i haven't really done much of this but i bet it could give one a much different view of their work