Clean boosts?

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
Sd1 isn't cutting it. I don't like how it colors the tone.

I literally only need more boost.

A few options-

bbe boosta grande
mxr micro amp
mxr 10 band
boss gq7

If I had enough cash I'd get a keeley kantana ($200) maybe just a emg after burner or something. It's just a clean boost.

PB100_P0429_Top_web.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB100.aspx

"Switch to turbo-mode when playing solos"

Do it Jon

I actually bought one a few years ago, decent. Dont know how "true" the signal is but sounded good to me for $15

What amp are you using?
Why do you want a clean boost (apart from the reason you stated)?
Me thinks a clean boost just isn't the type of boost a Sneap forumite would need for their music. They just add gain and don't do much else, which isn't very useful when you're trying to churn out modern rock/metal

He's got a Lee Jackson GP-1000, not a super high gain amp and needs some sort of OD or clean boost for heavy tones

sorta like like Marshall JCM800 type tones

He's got a Lee Jackson GP-1000, not a super high gain amp and needs some sort of OD or clean boost for heavy tones

sorta like like Marshall JCM800 type tones

You think you know me mother fucker

I was talking to jerry at fja mods and he says the circuit is wayyyy more fender rather then marshall. :lol: But yeah sounds like a marshall.

If you want good value for very little money, take a look at the Electro Harmonix Nano LPB-1.

I can't find any info on how much db it can boost.

CAA booster made by MXR.

Keeley does good work.

CAE you mean. This looks quite good.

PB100_P0429_Top_web.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB100.aspx

"Switch to turbo-mode when playing solos"

Do it Jon

I actually bought one a few years ago, decent. Dont know how "true" the signal is but sounded good to me for $15

I'm trying to get road worthy stuff :lol:

But I'm poor so maybe.

My modified SD-1 is acting like a big ass treble boost and making it shrill as fuck tits.