COB Live Concert DVD 2012

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
So a bit expectedly COB will release a new live DVD next year... Let's discuss a bit the song list and any ideas you'd like to see them do, to make it different from CRY.

As for changing the setlist from CRY:

*Probably no room for a Something Wild song. It would be interesting to hear The Nail live if they want to do something weird, such a kickass and atmospheric track.

*From Hatebreeder, why not play Bed Of Razors and Children Of Bodom instead of SNBN and Downfall this time, altough those two are immortal so I wouldn't mind having them again. Maybe a medley with the intro half of Towards Dead End would be a nice surprise merged with something like Children Of Decadence or Chokehold but the verses on that song are so horrible I'm not sure. My tip is to play Hatebreeder for a nostalgic surprise.

*I think they should play either Children Of Decadence or Mask Of Sanity, neither they will play full (I think?), so it would probably be a medley. I'd like to see both tho. Kissing the Shadows is a must, you wouldn't even need another Clash of the Booze Brothers, besides the epicness of these songs reaches such high altitudes it would be a crime to not include them. I'd like them to surprise with either Taste Of My Scythe or Northern Comfort, but chances are slim, the other is maybe risky to play live while the other is an old fan favourite but won't sink with the major audience.

*To replace songs played from Hate Crew Deathroll, definitely Chokehold. My personal recommendation would be to play Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood for another song off that album but I know they won't do it, so the other will be either track 1, 2, 4 or 9. Angels Don't Kill is something they always play tho and for a good reason.

*Living Dead Beat, In Your Face have become standard off AYDY... but if they asked me, I think it would be beyond great if they surprised us with Punch Me I Bleed, or maybe even Knuckleduster or Trashed.

*Maybe Blooddrunk will be the only song to end up on the list from that album. One Day You Will Cry or Tie My Rope would be interesting tho.

*Not My Funeral, Shovel Knockout, Roundtrip to Hell and Back are a given, apart from that they'll do two other songs off the new album.

When or where this will be recorded, no idea... but they already basically have this setlist almost the way I put it. The intro composed to RRF that merges to NMF would/will be badass to see on the DVD. I'd guess this is where they release the Shovel Knockout video as well.

What does the venue matter in the end. Japan is always special just for being Japan. Maybe arrange it somewhere where fans are known to chant along with the melody. Maybe arrange a stage and venue at the beach of Lake Bodom at night, and colour the lake with lights, that would be epic.

I bet they don't even know how to play the nail anymore, and it doesn't fit their image anymore. If they want to do something weird from Something Wild, Touch like Angel of Death would be cool and somewhat plausible.

The song Hatebreeder to me seems unlikely again since it doesn't match them these days. Mask Of Sanity is a good idea, though.

I don't like how Children of Decadence sounds live, to be honest. If they're willing to pull off Kissing the Shadows for a DVD that would be epic. Northern Comfort and Little Bloodred are both songs that are overrated as songs because they have some fucking amazing bits in them, so I wouldn't want them to be in the DVD.

If they want to add a new song from Hatecrew........... YOU'RE BETTER OFF DEAD!

I agree with Punch me I Bleed, it's a great song for a DVD. It's an under appreciated song because of the album its on. I feel as if they released the song on RRF people it would be way more popular. They haven't played We're not Gonna Fall lately, and that song is EPIC.. but they played it last DVD. Trashed is ok, but my recommendation from AYDY is Bastards of Bodom. It seems like it would be a good live song. The melody is good, and the heavy riff just might be the most headbanging inducing riff in a COB song.

They need to add Banned from Heaven for blooddrunk album. It's got a Roope solo, and it can replace Angels Don't Kill as a ballad. Honestly, I wouldn't want anything else taking up set list room from that album.

And for RRF.... PLAY THE FUCKING TITLE TRACK!!!!! Nobody ever talks about it for some reason, but it's such a good song that seems like quite a banger for a live performance.

One last thing, film in U.S. ; D Do it in the NY area so I can be in it wooooot.

Hope they do it in Canada, the band always talks about how they love the Canadian crowd, so Chaos Ridden Years 2: Saskatoon Shovel Knockout? That would be awesome.
From Something Wild I hope they will play TLAOD or Red Light in my Eyes Part 1.
Warheart and black widow from hatebreeder.
Follow the reaper and kissing the shadows from FTR.
Needled, Sixpounder, BBT, YBOD, and HCDR from HCDR.
IYWPPFW, Living dead beat and TLS from AYDY.
ODYWC and Tie my Rope from Blooddrunk
NMF, SKO, RTTHAB, RRF, Cotn, and NPTD from RRF.

20 song setlist? maybe do ODYWC and Kissing the Shadows as encores?

And for RRF.... PLAY THE FUCKING TITLE TRACK!!!!!
Suddenly Norbix is not a fag anymore! In my opinion RRF is the best song that Children of Bodom has done on post-FTR albums and it would definitely kick some ass if they played it live.

If they do it by the end of their European tour, the setlist is alright, but I'd change a couple of things not to repeat too many from CRY (repeating half the setlist is kind of meh imo). Based on their current setlist, here's what I'd like.

01. Not My Funeral
02. Bodom Beach Terror
03. Needled 24/7 (REPLACE WITH Chockehold)
04. Ugly / Relentless Reckless Forever (I'D LOVE TO SEE BOTH)
05. Roundtrip to Hell and Back
06. Follow The Reaper
07. Living Dead Beat
08. Children Of Bodom
09. Hate Me! (REPLACE WITH Deadnight Warrior)
10. Blooddrunk (REPLACE WITH Smile Pretty For The Devil)
11. Shovel Knockout
12. Angels Don't Kill (REPLACE WITH Kissing The Shadows)
13. In Your Face (REPLACE WITH Hellhounds On My Trail)
14. Downfall (REPLACE WITH Towards Dead End)
------------------------
15. Was It Worth It?
16. Hate Crew Deathroll

That way they'd be repeating some classics but not too many from CRY (just 4) and we'd get a good taste of the new songs (also from BD, which btw I don't know why BD was the chosen for the tour and not HOMT or SPFTD, which imo are much better). I'd personally also take WIWI out and throw in Pussyfoot Miss Suicide or Northpole Throwdown, but I guess there's no chance they're taking the single out...

Maybe arrange a stage and venue at the beach of Lake Bodom at night, and colour the lake with lights, that would be epic.

It would be so epic & so good. I would travel over there to see that for sure.

Yeah, play 'Bastards Of Bodom' would be great! 'You're Better Off Dead' too. They should play songs they almost never played.

It would be so epic & so good. I would travel over there to see that for sure.

True. It's just they probably don't care about the lake mystery thing anymore, in theory the new style songs have a bond of some sort with the old theme, but I can't see them caring so much as to actually do it... even tho just a year or two back Alexi stated they want to do it even if they have to stand in the water. Let's see if he really cares the way old time fans do.

Maybe it would be difficult for people to travel to the location, I don't know. It would surely add value to the DVD itself, even tho it poses two problems: dark hall gigs simply look cooler because of the light show, and if this was held at night time it just doesn't get dark here at summer - but you could see the lake. All we need is a thunderstorm to make it look perfect! I've never been to the site so dunno if there's a spot where this could be organized. It's just a fantasy tho I'm afraid. Also there's a risk the relatives of the victims would start giving them shit, and whether it were possible to arrange a noisy event at this location.

I'm not sure but I think this is the actual murder bay. Goes for my new wallpaper.

img_3310lakebodom020107web.jpg

I've already stated which tracks I'd like to hear live again on other threads that concerned the band's live setlist, but in hope the band will drop by and read this thread for inspiration...

- Knuckleduster (seriously, it is awesome and it deserves to be on a live release)
- You're better off dead (it hasn't been played in a while and it rocks)
- Kissing the Shadows (which I think requires no explanation)
- Bed of Razors OR Towards Dead End (but BOTH would be better, without giving up on Children of Bodom)

Chokehold would be pretty good, too.

And in case they considered releasing the concert on bluray as well, I would humbly point at Within Temptation's Black Symphony as a bluray concert with astonishing sound quality... *hint* *hint*

Do you all realy wan't them to play Kissing The Shadows :(

I do think that they are great live now and that the new songs sounds great on all the new videos on youtube, but they really souldn't play some of the old songs, it just don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you all realy wan't them to play Kissing The Shadows :(

I do think that they are great live now and that the new songs sounds great on all the new videos on youtube, but they really souldn't play some of the old songs, it just don't work.

He just fucked up, happens to everyone. I bet if they really practised it for a while, then Alexi could easily play the solo too.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just fucked up, happens to everyone. I bet if they really practised it for a while, then Alexi could easily play the solo too.
Yeah, but that Bloodstock gig's KtS solo was a huge fuck up (of course Janne played it nicely). I totally bursted into laughing @ the 4 minute mark when he started those sweeps. You're right that Alexi could nail the solo if he had the patience to practise it, but after seeing that Bloodstock video, I wouldn't want them to rape any classics.

Or maybe they should take them a little more serious and with the heart, anger and passion they had back then. Maybe I'm just imagining tho, but it's very little things that affect it, the old songs don't go perfect with humour and the modern half-clear vocals. What bugged me also was they used the HCDR intro keyboard for Bed Of Razors which was a disgrace, the mysterious bell tone they used to have on the song is so essential for it.