COB TV News

flap = the heaviness and cleanliness of alexi's palm mutes

what the fuck is up your ass :lol:

the "flap" he's talking about is the practice of muting the strings (usually the bass strings) to stop them from bleeding over into the next riff. usually it's done by "flapping" the fingers of the left hand to make them lightly touch the strings, thus muting them.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1mgIjPVEJLE[/ame]

+1:55 ish, watch how alexi mutes the strings in between the phrases

Yay. anyone noticed the riffs they played in the COBTV part 2 could be from the nicknamed song "Pekingin kasvis"(peking vegetable)? I just find it to fit the description because of the leads :D

^You definitely robbed me off the title of the speculator right there man.

All I know about Pekingin Kasvis is that it's described with the adjective fiery. You know like a hot vegetable, like jalapeño, but that's Mexican.. I think it's got that old Hypocrisy vibe in it that they say is going on on the album. Grab Hypocrisy's first CD and play. I think the music is sort of hot.

That does definitely fit the new theme and all this going to hell and back and killing everything and being mad and so on.. Sort of chaotic guitar tone. That's what I've been saying all along but declared a madman.

Haha yeah, that vid always cracks me up. Especially when he's like Holy shit! and the face at the end.