Compelling concept albums.

The whole Bal-Sagoth discog is based on a very interesting fantasy story about the nature of creation. I'm liking Dimmu's new album, In Sorte Diaboli, which has an interesting concept as well. I generally like music better if there is a central idea.

some of my favs: Bling Guardian - Nightfall
Iced Earth - Something Wicked ( 3 last songs ) soon to be followed with the new album
and a classic Iron Maiden - 7th son of a 7th son
Sym X - V
Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory

Transiberian Orchestra- The Lost Christmas Eve
Ayreon- The Human Equation
Dream Theater- Scenes From A Memory
Symphony X- V
Ayreon- Into The Electric Castle

The TSO one, has such a fantastic, challenging message intertwined throughout the storyline... Quite emotional if you read the story in the liner notes...

Symphony X- V

The TSO one, has such a fantastic, challenging message intertwined throughout the storyline... Quite emotional if you read the story in the liner notes...
actually, IMHO, TSO's best album is "Beethoven's Last Night"...now THAT has a hell of a story AND it is not seasonally based...

Still Life is one of my favorite concept albums, and also probably my favorite. After analyzing it, as well as other concept albums like SFAM and V, I can honestly say that Still Life is the strongest. I can't find a single weak track (or even weak moment) on that album.

Iced Earth - Night Of The Stormrider
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
Symphony X - V
Kamelot - Epica
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Pyramaze - Legend Of The Bone Carver
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

Trilogies:
Iced Earth - The Suffering
Iced Earth - Something Wicked
Iced Earth - Gettysburg
Kamelot - Elizabeth
Dream Theater - A Mind Beside Itself

I haven't really checked out Ayreon yet, but soon enough I will.

Oh, and I do listen to more music. :)

One album that hasn't been mentioned yet is Streets: A Rock Opera by Savatage. It's their best work IMO.

actually, IMHO, TSO's best album is "Beethoven's Last Night"...now THAT has a hell of a story AND it is not seasonally based...

I don't have that one yet, but I've heard good things...

Symphony X- V

I definately forgot to add Opeth- Still Life... It's my fave Opeth album anyway, and an interesting concept as well...

All these nods for Still Life and no love for My Arms, Your Hearse? :OMG:

That is by FAR my favorite concept album! So dark and full of Opeth's characteristic contrast of sound. :)