Computer Music - HELP

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
Ok so I'm thinking of bying a laptop and get a programme like Reason, Fruityloops.. what have you.. and learn to do stuff with it. I've had contacts with 4 bands of which only one really interested me but their guitarist left for army so.. I'm gonna do a project with one, but it's stuff like Anathema, so.. I'm sickatired of trying to find instrument players who like the same heavy music as me and want to form a band.. this town is too small to find something like that easily.

So I figured I'd wanna try making computer music so I can do everything myself and don't have to worry bout shit! It's just that last time I tried two years ago I remember the technical intelligence and knowledge that the system demanded was way fucking beyond me.

Of course it would be MEGA if I could just simply music that plays in my head. But you open the programme and get billion things there and you don't understand a fuck what you should do. You'd need a pro to help you in everything.

I think there are some lesson files to download but anyways, can someone tell out of experience what kind of process was it to get into making computer music, and what's the easiest system? Cuz I'm really not a person who understands about computers. I just want, simply, to make every track separately and combine them. I mean you get the point. Simple system, no something that you just don't fucking understand what to do...

^^You planning on doing the music on the computer or recording guitars and shit? I have to ask coz ive understood you wrong many times. If its full computer music i cant help you.

I'd wanna record keyboards for it by own hand, but yea I'm talking computer music. I'd make something like techno metal. Like Berzerker, or Razed in Black, or that kinda stuff..

* Installing

* Making tracks for drums, keyboards, bass and other effects and putting them together

* Editing, mastering, mixing and all that

* Burning the sound file into a physical CD

These things I'm sure to have trouble with..

well if you want to record Keyboards Cool pro edit and Audacity are both very simple recording programs and let you export the recording to many filetypes. Mixing im not sure what to use...theres simple stuff as Magix Musicmaker though that my friend uses. Bass you can take from Guitar pro. Drums theres many ones available. My friend uses EZ drummer...really good drums IMO. Burning the sound file Nero burning room:)

* Installing

* Making tracks for drums, keyboards, bass and other effects and putting them together

* Editing, mastering, mixing and all that

* Burning the sound file into a physical CD

These things I'm sure to have trouble with..

u know a magazine callled 'keys' ? it's a very good one with programs for free n stuff and u learn a lot from it...just try it...maybe it helps...(dunno if it's available in ur country...)

bump........... No-one's making computer music? It sucks that only computer nerds learn to use the programmes... but they can't make good music...