Concert Behavior

Vegetaman said:
The way I see it, there shouldn't be too much moshing at Opeth shows. Sure there are songs that I can see doing it to (The Grand Conjuration, for example) but most of the time you need to either listen to the music (especially the clean electric or accoustic parts) or headbang like a madman. But crowd surfing? That's a definite no-no.

I've seen Opeth twice. First time was with Nevermore and Fireball Ministry, and the Nevermore fans started a pit during the heavy part of Face of Melinda of all songs... It was ridiculous. This time around with it being just Opeth, there wasn't any pit (thanks to seating) and the headbanging was good too. Of course you still had idiots screaming during the accoustic parts (like seriously, who the hell screams during A Fair Judgement... you'll take away from the eargasmic solo).
+1 well said

Forest of Åsatrú said:
yeah exactly! and then after the show, us tr00 moshers will go to a gas station, destroy it. fuck the clerk (whether it be a bitch or not) and steal all the mountain dew. We're EXTREME BLOOD PUMPING ADRENALINE JUNKIES TO THE MAX. FUCK YEAH. MANLINESS. YEEEAAAAHHH. After that, we'll go work out, staring at our muscles as we pump them up. FOR THE NEXT DEATH METAL SHOW PUSSIES. ALRIGHT YEAH.
hahaha nice.. you forgot the part about listening to cher on the way to the death metal shows... then sucking each others dicks before and after... cause their cool like that...:wave:

This is probably what kngdymond and his buds look like.

assholemoshers.jpg

shit.. ididnt notice that...... shitnuckles.. i thought he was being sarcasmic... cause moshers are p gay i must say, especially during opeth.

Yeah it's the kicking & punching that bothers me. A respectful mosh pit can be alot of fun. I usually hang out at the edges & toss people around. Getting into the violents ones & getting my face beat in would be bad for business.

Crowd surfing is ok for hot chicks. I like the way Moonlapse handles them. Typcially I'll throw them forward, but I don't want to be responsible for killing anyone either.

I remember moshing at Ozzfest during a Pantera set yrs ago. I knocked some dude to the ground & he landed on some sharp glass. The dudes hand was bleeding all over the place. I felt bad & brought him to the med tent where they stitched him up. Hopefully someone would do the same for me.

So if you're gonna mosh be cool about it :)

R0l0 said:
Seems that the more popular the band gets, the more of these types of idiots show up to the shows :/

Unfortunately :(

But bringing in bands like Devildriver definitely doesn't help the cause to bring mature listeners! Too many Slipknot punks show up.

Tumn said:
But bringing in bands like Devildriver definitely doesn't help the cause to bring mature listeners! Too many Slipknot punks show up.

True dat, they should tour with labelmates Nickelback :tickled:

on crowdsurfing...this is dumb, but would make sense, but wouldn't be allowed, since crowdsurfing usually isn't even supposed to be aloud (at least the gigs i have been to)

- have a few scales at the entrance. if you are over 150 pounds, you should have a special wristband, which means you can't crowdsurf.

i find crowdsurfing pretty fucking annoying too...but nothing is worse than some 240 pound smelly fuck that takes every bit of effort to keep up.

on yelling during acoustic parts

- i think that this is thanks to "metal heads" who view acoustic parts as filler between the kickass kill everyone parts. so, i suppose for that type of person, an opeth show is ideal. the quite parts are time to go get a breather and yell "fuck yah" in anticipation of chaos.

that is fucking annoying. during quiet parts, i sometimes have trouble hearing the band at all.

kngdymond said:
this is death metal pussies
if you dont want moshing go see simon and garfunkel it will be very safe and
you wont get sweaty. when you mom picks you up or you get on the bus you will look like you got off church. go lift some weights and get INTO the PIT
stay home and listen to the record it will sound pefect everytime and no one will talk over the music.:headbang:

I concur. Death metal concerts aint kindergarden :D:headbang:

JoeVice said:
on crowdsurfing...this is dumb, but would make sense, but wouldn't be allowed, since crowdsurfing usually isn't even supposed to be aloud (at least the gigs i have been to)

- have a few scales at the entrance. if you are over 150 pounds, you should have a special wristband, which means you can't crowdsurf.

i find crowdsurfing pretty fucking annoying too...but nothing is worse than some 240 pound smelly fuck that takes every bit of effort to keep up.

on yelling during acoustic parts

- i think that this is thanks to "metal heads" who view acoustic parts as filler between the kickass kill everyone parts. so, i suppose for that type of person, an opeth show is ideal. the quite parts are time to go get a breather and yell "fuck yah" in anticipation of chaos.

that is fucking annoying. during quiet parts, i sometimes have trouble hearing the band at all.

Har Mar Superstar crowd surfed over me at Leeds Festival 2004 and i touched him. The sexiest, short, ugly, fat, hairy, sweaty, bald man in the world.

kngdymond said:
this is death metal pussies
if you dont want moshing go see simon and garfunkel it will be very safe and
you wont get sweaty. when you mom picks you up or you get on the bus you will look like you got off church. go lift some weights and get INTO the PIT
stay home and listen to the record it will sound pefect everytime and no one will talk over the music.:headbang:

So you pay $25 for a ticket to rub your body against a bunch of fat, smelly, sweaty shirtless guys instead of watching the band play? Couldn't you do that at a gay bar instead? :tickled:

SPLASTiK said:
So you pay $25 for a ticket to rub your body against a bunch of fat, smelly, sweaty shirtless guys instead of watching the band play? Couldn't you do that at a gay bar instead? :tickled:

Haha, so well said.

When it comes down to it, I can take a rough crowd... you know its a given that people will jump around and shit. But many times it's just become too violent. I'm not there to beat people up, I'm there to see a band. I don't give a shit about some dudes' overabundance of testosterone and need to act out.

By the way, to that dude that talked about lifting weights before... that's got nothing to do with gigs. I don't lift weights so I can beat up kids in a mosh pit... what kind of meathead moron would do that?

I'm there for the music, not for the people.