Concert Behavior

JoeVice said:
i always feel somewhat guilty when i'm forced to touch a beautiful girl's butt or boobs. i mean...its nice.

and you don't feel guilty touching an ugly girl's boobs. You disgust me.

...:lol:

edit - yeah, I've had similar experiences in the pit.
and people moshing during the SLOW part of FoM. WHY!

Unfortunately I haven't seen Opeth yet, so I can't really comment on people moshing, etc to them. All I can say is it must be a bit exhausting and confusing with all the changes in the music.

Though I gotta say, the weirdest thing is when I went to see SYL a couple years ago people were crowd surfing, moshing and literally hanging off the ceiling, but were being extremely courteous about it. If they hit someone they'd apologise, or if someone fell down someone else would rush in, pick them up and ask if they were ok. But damn, when I saw Judas Priest in Belfast last year it had to have been the rudest audience I've ever seen! Most people were there to see the band and have a good time, but everyone bald, old or wearing a Manowar shirt had to be an ass. They'd shove everyone around, push people over, spill their beer on everyone within a six meter radius, etc. Missed most of the show cause I was trying not to land on my ass and get trampled :erk:

So basically, I'm fine if people want to mosh, etc. Just as long as they realise most people there didn't pay good money just to miss a show or go home with a bloody nose, and not be a dick about it.

I left out the part about the Nevermore fans chucking random people on the edges of the pit into the pit, despite the fact that they really didn't want to be in it.

I got hit in the face by a Nevermore fan flying out of the pit. About knocked me on my ass too, and I'm 6'02" and nearly 200 pounds... Luckily some guy next to me threw him off of me while I regained my balance.

Yeah, people moshed pretty much to any part of any song that was heavy.

It's very easy to handbang during Opeth songs like Deliverance, The Leper Affinity, Baying of the Hounds, Ghost of Perdition, The Grand Conjuration, Demon of the Fall, and Master's Apprentices. Anything that is insanely heavy (be it fast or slow) will do.

yeah, i had a slightly difficult time of it on this tour. i was up front and im a rather short chick (5'3" w/ my tall shoes on) and i simply could not breathe because of everbody around me pushing and elbowing etc. i lasted through DTB and Dark Tranquillity, but halfway through Ghost of Perdition i knew if i didnt get out of there, they were gonna be pulling me over the fence and reviving me.

JoeVice said:
i always feel somewhat guilty when i'm forced to touch a beautiful girl's butt or boobs. i mean...its nice.

im glad someone feels bad. im not gorgeous, but i am rather well-endowed and guys seem to enjoy taking advantage of the close atmosphere. i felt like i was getting a mammogram, it was ridiculous.

alienuth said:
im glad someone feels bad. im not gorgeous, but i am rather well-endowed and guys seem to enjoy taking advantage of the close atmosphere. i felt like i was getting a mammogram, it was ridiculous.

I too feel bad. I try and keep my personal space in check (as well as other people's around me), but good grief the squeeze when a mosh pit opens can get ridiculous...

LMAO, kudos to the brother who posted about the shoe trick.

I agree. I mean it's fine to Mosh at some parts at Opeth shows. When the music is heavy, and not those savage pits...I mean, c'mon, if I wanted a savage pit I'd go to a band's concert...that usually ends up being savage, but Opeth...fuck no. I want to listen to them as much as I can, and I wouldn't appreciate some dork screaming during acoustic parts.

Nobiss said:
This is probably what kngdymond and his buds look like.

assholemoshers.jpg

LMAO. His friends should go show those kids at the Linkin Park shows! yeah, death metal! Heavy moshing....

geez

That's such a great picture. They're such worthless white supremicist nazis that they can't even all agree on what angle to hold their arms out at.

It's like each one is trying to outdo the other by going higher.

i havent seen opeth live yet, but dammit, everytime i watch hope leaves on lamentations i wanna beat the living shit out of the person who death screams as mike starts singing:mad: as for crowd surfing, i cant imagine it would be fun on either end. being crushed by a fat sweaty smelly piece of crap, or being fondled as you pass over, however accidentally they may say it was:/

hey willem, how are you man?

in the netherlands public was behaving... no crowdsurfing, and moshpits only during BWP and demonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! demon of the fall!!!

God, some of you guys are so stupid. Moshing didnt originate in the nu-metal scene, so it isnt Slipknotish or Linkin Parkish to mosh.

I hate the souting during the quiet parts, and I hate crowdsurfing, but seriously, its heavy music and your going to get a crazy crowd. If you dont want to deal with it, then go home.

I don't mind crowdsurfing unless there is too much of it. I think it is okay when someone does it now and then. I love doing it but I don't even do it at most shows and if I do, it's usually just once. Moshing during slow parts is retarded as is being loud during the quiet parts.

SPLASTiK said:
So you pay $25 for a ticket to rub your body against a bunch of fat, smelly, sweaty shirtless guys instead of watching the band play? Couldn't you do that at a gay bar instead? :tickled:

you tell me, I have never been to a gay bar. how often do you go? is it fun for you do? you take a condom with you or do you hope your partner has one ?????
ha ha gaylord
seriously though
I like to see the show and mosh a bit not hurting anyone or any of you little kids but I will pull down a surfer so beware
I have been going to shows since I saw motorhead open for ozzy back in 81 and I was hooked I hope 25 yrs from now you are still at shows
this week ill see motorhead, dream theater opeth and kreator so for an old fart im still hanging what about u???? going to a gay bar ill bet:ill: