Concerts Setlist - Paradise Lost Tour

Hey, don't forget to show us your photos in the sticky Show Us Your Pics thread..for as many shows as they've done now, there sure aren't many photos up there yet.

Well, if the venues allow it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'M TALKIN' TO YOU PEARL ROOM! :mad:
(had to take mine back to the car last time...)

02/03/2008 @ Krakatoa, Bordeaux (Merignac), France.

Ocuclus Ex Inferi
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Egypt/Death Of Balance
Inferno
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
- immigrant song -
Revelation/Divine Wings of Tragedy(last part)
------------------
Eve of Seduction
Out Of The Ashes
Of Sins and Shadows

Immigrant Song is just a funny extract of the led zepplin's one.
A bit disapointed cause i'd really prefer listen TTLG (one of my best SX song) instead of Egypt :cry:

I found this on lastfm.com....TDG live would be sweet i really like the little bass fill Miller does before the song gets into action and lol @ eve of deduction

Setlist:
Aquí tengo que agradecerle infinitamente al buen gandalf86 que me ayudó con el setlist =) (y hasta con la hora, qué majo!)

21:18
1. Oculus ex Inferni.
2. Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies).
3. Domination.
4. The Serpent's Kiss.
5. The Damnation Game
6. Paradise Lost
7. Through the Looking Glass.
8. Inferno (Unleash the Fire).
9. Smoke and Mirrors.
10. Sea of Lies.
11. Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)/Divine Wings of Tragedy (sólo el fragmento final).

22:36
Encore.
22:42
12. Eve of Deduction.
13. Of Sins and Shadows.

I have to say I really am not keen on Masquerade and I hope they don't play it at the London gig Im going to on Thursday (cant wait!). Would much prefer The Damnation game or Dressed to Kill.

Through the looking glass might be cool to hear although it wouldnt be one of my first choices for the setlist

Its fantastic they are playing The Eve of Seduction, Im really looking forward to hearing that live. The rest of the Setlist looks excellent apart from one thing... No Odyssey :cry:

The rest of the Setlist looks excellent apart from one thing... No Odyssey

They've pretty much played that at every headlining show for the last five years. My guess is that they think 25 minutes is too much to devote to the album released before Paradise Lost. Keep in mind that they toured on The Odyssey for five years, and are most likely sick to death of playing those tunes.

Word.

The only thing I want is Babylon put in, which ain't gonna happen. The only actual thing I wish to happen at the show I attend is for them to play Egypt. I love that song...

Hi all! I simply can't wait to see them tonight in Paris after having missed two of their shows by a whisker (a long story, perhaps sometime later).

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me when about do the shows on this tour end. Unhappily I have a train to catch - the last Metro I need to be on is at just past midnight and I was wondering how much of the show I will miss. If it's too much, I'll dare the chaotic streets and parkings of Paris :)

Cheers!

i'm not sure which i would rather hear... egypt or looking glass... those are two incredibly well written songs. I love the modality of egypt, but looking glass has ... well... its looking glass, its just awesome.

PS: what they should do though is play some of michael romeos stuff from dark chapter just maybe a piece of one of the songs as a guitar solo or something. and they should play that arangement of the star wars music that romeo did.

aw hell they should just play it all, i would totally stand there for like 8 hours to hear everything any member of symphony x has done.

I get the sense from talking with MJR about the setlist that they prefer to focus on the band's own material rather than separate things that any of them have done..so odds are against them ever playing any of their solo material or the like.

02/03/2008 @ Krakatoa, Bordeaux (Merignac), France.

- immigrant song -

Immigrant Song is just a funny extract of the led zepplin's one.
A bit disapointed cause i'd really prefer listen TTLG (one of my best SX song) instead of Egypt :cry:

Wow! :headbang:

I get the sense from talking with MJR about the setlist that they prefer to focus on the band's own material rather than separate things that any of them have done..so odds are against them ever playing any of their solo material or the like.

I for one, love that attitude. A band like Symphony X has enough of a catalog of songs people want to hear that there is no good reason to waste set time with other junk (no matter how good that junk may be). I remember when Megadeth played Woodstock I was so impressed that rather than following the theme of the day and yacking out a whole speech, Dave came out, said 'good evening' and they began playing. A band should play their music - not solo projects, not covers, just their tunes. That's the reason I go to see any band and I'd rather hear my least favorite Symphony X song out of them before I heard them play anything else.

I for one, love that attitude. A band like Symphony X has enough of a catalog of songs people want to hear that there is no good reason to waste set time with other junk (no matter how good that junk may be). I remember when Megadeth played Woodstock I was so impressed that rather than following the theme of the day and yacking out a whole speech, Dave came out, said 'good evening' and they began playing. A band should play their music - not solo projects, not covers, just their tunes. That's the reason I go to see any band and I'd rather hear my least favorite Symphony X song out of them before I heard them play anything else.

I 100% agree. That's the thing that pissed me off about Dream Theater. I don't want to see Petrucci up there playing an extended solo in some ass-backwards Pink Floyd cover that I don't give a shit about. I really believe a band should stick to their own material, even if it's weaker songs.

The one exception would be when Symphony X played the Imperial March in March of 2003. That was badass. But it fit... classical music with awesome heaviness.

I've taken my cell phone into the Pearl Room every time I've been there, including the Symphony X show last July.

This was the only show at the Pearl Room that I've experienced it. It was very strange, considering I was there not long before(I think for Kamelot) and they were actually encouraging people to bring in their cameras. Strange. Either way, just one of my issue with that venue. I understand why they play there, but I wish they wouldn't.

The London show last night was the best gig ever. Simply amazing.

They played Through the Looking Glass :D :D :D :D :D :D