contraversial musical opinions

I cannot overstate how little rap I listen to (Purposely). I'll listen to an NWA song once every few months.

And there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.

Hm, weird - I wonder why it undid my last-minute edit.

So far, your music tastes seem to be closer to mine than pretty much anyone else's on here. Though I'm not sure what kinda metal you like.

Hm, weird - I wonder why it undid my last-minute edit.

So far, your music tastes seem to be closer to mine than pretty much anyone else's on here. Though I'm not sure what kinda metal you like.

Alot of Thrash... the big four, dark angel, exodus, kreator, overkill etc, etc.. Classic metal like sabbath (duh) King Diamond and Judas priest, Motorhead, a bit of Iron Maiden (powerslave is my favourite). I'm into Some Grindcore, only Brutal Truth and Napalm Death. I enjoy death metal, and avoid the brutal stuff (except for skinless's new album). I also enjoy black metal, as long as the singer has a distinctive voice from the pack, and doesn't sound like just another satanic chipmunk. So for black metal I enjoy Marduk, dissection, Melechesh, mayhem and a few others, although i'm not a huge black metal guy. I occasionally listen to glam (at one in the morning). As for power metal, I stick to the less corny classics like manowar (old manowar), Gravedigger and queensryche.

he wasn't the greatest rapper in terms of ability, but in terms of emotion and lyrical depth, it doesn't get much better. I'd say Solid top 50 top 40 rapper all time.

Alot of Thrash... the big four, dark angel, exodus, kreator, overkill etc, etc.. Classic metal like sabbath (duh) King Diamond and Judas priest, Motorhead, a bit of Iron Maiden (powerslave is my favourite). I'm into Some Grindcore, only Brutal Truth and Napalm Death. I enjoy death metal, and avoid the brutal stuff (except for skinless's new album). I also enjoy black metal, as long as the singer has a distinctive voice from the pack, and doesn't sound like just another satanic chipmunk. So for black metal I enjoy Marduk, dissection, Melechesh, mayhem and a few others, although i'm not a huge black metal guy. I occasionally listen to glam (at one in the morning). As for power metal, I stick to the less corny classics like manowar (old manowar), Gravedigger and queensryche.

Cool. I'm mainly into classic/stoner stuff, and tend to only listen to a few bands of other genres (Slayer/Metallica for thrash, Morbid Angel for death, Darkthrone/Bathory for black, Dimmu Borgir for symphonic black, Therion for symphonic, etc.). I'm generally much more "band" oriented than "genre" oriented, I suppose. I can absolutely love one band of a genre, while finding 99% of the others in it pure shit.

These days, though, I'm mainly obsessed with learning about all the obscure hard rock bands from the late '60s and early '70s. There are shittons of them out there.

Cool. I'm mainly into classic/stoner stuff, and tend to only listen to a few bands of other genres (Slayer/Metallica for thrash, Morbid Angel for death, Darkthrone/Bathory for black, Dimmu Borgir for symphonic black, Therion for symphonic, etc.). I'm generally much more "band" oriented than "genre" oriented, I suppose. I can absolutely love one band of a genre, while finding 99% of the others in it pure shit.

These days, though, I'm mainly obsessed with learning about all the obscure hard rock bands from the late '60s and early '70s. There are shittons of them out there.

I had a simmilar obseesion with thrash bands from the 80's.

Some of my opinions that have caused substantial debate w/ friends over the years:

- 'Load' is a good album

- Def Leppard & Bon Jovi are not "Hair Bands"

- Van Halen was better w/ Hagar

...and more recently:

- I like Lowe in Candlemass better than Messiah