Controversial opinions on metal

come on, behemoth has some awesome stuff, zos kia cultus for example, very good album.

Behemoth is definitely not awesome. They are not dark, epic, original, heavy, brutal, or expressive enough to be considered "awesome". If metal were a town hall meeting, Behemoth would be the guy in the front agreeing with the speakers. Everyone notices him but he has nothing significant to say.

At their very best, their moment of utmost climax, Behemoth is okay. They are listenable.

Behemoth is definitely not awesome. They are not dark, epic, original, heavy, brutal, or expressive enough to be considered "awesome". If metal were a town hall meeting, Behemoth would be the guy in the front agreeing with the speakers. Everyone notices him but he has nothing significant to say.

At their very best, their moment of utmost climax, Behemoth is okay. They are listenable.

i agree that they have a lot of mediocre and even boring stuff but the zos kia album and thelema is great stuff.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

memorable-riffs-is-what-i-call-catchy-because-it-CATCHES.jpg

As I already said: what's catchy to one person might not be catchy to all.

For instance, I think Primordial has fucking catchy riffs, but I know there are tons of people here who would disagree with that.

Niles first three are damn good, plus thoae early eps, then they lost me. Behemoth is mediocrity defined. Satanica is pretty good though

Seriously, can we put a fucking stop to the goddamn motherfucking autoplay YouTube clips for fucks sake? Jesus ass-raping Christ, you pederast fagots are pissing me the fuck off!

On another note, I've been inspired by the "Weird Looking Musicians" or whatever thread to say that I apparently just don't get underground metal. I only like Hvist... and Filosofem by Burzum. Nespithe by Demilich has maybe 3 great songs, the rest are nothing special. Pale Folklore is the only Agalloch album that is worth a shit. Primordial is good, but nowhere near amazing. And to add to the list of blasphemies, I have to say that Portal is nothing too special. Well played tech death, nothing more. There are bands that I discovered through this forum that I am grateful for being referred too (Intestine Baalism, Demigod, Lykathea Aflame, and Disembowelment), but I don't get all the fanboi-ism for all the bands I mentioned at the beginning of my post. None are bad per se, but none of them are what I would call incredible.

If English is your third language then you really don't have any authority to come up with new definitions.

You want catchy? I'll fucking show you catchy.

That's right, I just went there.

this is catchy too. I guess this is really awesome huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depravity's EP is great. Vomiturition is great too, but not at the level of said EP. I just prefer Finnish OSDM over Swedish OSDM, that's all. It seems like it is better compositionally, and it's also much darker and more "evil".

So, one of your primary reasons for preferring Finnish death metal is the inherent darkness and evil in the music, and you don't find that quality in, say, Necrophobic's debut? I suggest you reacquaint yourself with this and stop wasting your time with third tier bands like Depravity.

Last edited by a moderator: