Controversial opinions on metal

Nagelfar is the only band I'm familiar with; and yes, I prefer fast melodic metal. I especially like my fast melodic metal with extreme and heavy undertones, which is what I like about Nagelfar. I can respect the slow to mid paced crushing styled metal, and even enjoy some of it, but I need a sense of excitement in my metal music to hold my attention. I have heard some of those names, and I will begin checking them out. Thanks.

Protip: It's you're. That's what he was saying.

Also who cares if he doesn't like Demilich or Primordial? I love Demilich, and like Primordial but still. Fuck. He gave legit reasoning as to why he doesn't, that being that he likes the faster, more melodic side of metal.

When attempting to appear more intelligent than someone on the internet, it's important to at the very least spell correctly and use correct grammar. Otherwise you just end up looking like you're stuck in kindergarten.

I never thought internet was srs business. I just quickly jump on here and type, and if grammatical errors come up, so be it. Who the hell cares about that? Anywho, I came off as an asshole, and I apologize, but I really don't see how anyone in their right mind can dislike such classics..

According to Karmablade, yes.

any kind of music that is going to get succesful has to be catchy, memorable and quality, doesnt matter if its the crap music posted on this page or metal. ALL the big succesful metal bands are that because they write memorable catchy songs.

you just said its not catchy but has memorable riffs? memorable riffs is what i call catchy because it CATCHES,ive told you examples of quality catchy bands as early slayer, sepultura, metallica and they all are very succesful and the reason they are is because of that.

No, I said that catchy/memorable is one aspect of what makes a decent sounding song while you were saying before that something has to be catchy in order to be considered good. However I guess in terms of mainstream success, i.e. appealing to the widest range of listeners possible, then being immediately memorable is often a big factor. Still as we all know, mainstream success does not guarantee quality music by any means.

No, I said that catchy/memorable is one aspect of what makes a decent sounding song while you were saying before that something has to be catchy in order to be considered good. However I guess in terms of mainstream success, i.e. appealing to the widest range of listeners possible, then being immediately memorable is often a big factor. Still as we all know, mainstream success does not guarantee quality music by any means.

yes because now times have changed and A LOT of garbage is succesful because the standards have obviously dropped a lot but talking about past succesful bands they all were catchy and quality, for example morbid angel is very catchy.

I never thought internet was srs business. I just quickly jump on here and type, and if grammatical errors come up, so be it. Who the hell cares about that? Anywho, I came off as an asshole, and I apologize, but I really don't see how anyone in their right mind can dislike such classics..

First of all, you always come off as an asshole, and secondly, you regularly post 'controversial' opinions crapping on classic bands, so how stupid are you in actuality?

If you read my posts, I specifically said that I didn't dislike them, it's just that I prefer other bands. Primordial and Demilich have a few good songs (as I have previously stated), but those bands do not meet my criteria as for what I prefer to listen to. As Eligos has pointed out, I prefer fast melodic death and black metal. Is there something wrong with liking music in that style?

First of all, you always come off as an asshole, and secondly, you regularly post 'controversial' opinions crapping on classic bands, so how stupid are you in actuality?

Re-posted for emphasis.

The vocals kill Nespithe and it should have been instrumental. Honestly it would not make my top 20 or even 30 Death Metal albums list.