Controversial opinions on metal

First of all, you always come off as an asshole, and secondly, you regularly post 'controversial' opinions crapping on classic bands, so how stupid are you in actuality?
This thread is based on opinions. Therefore I will argue based on my own opinions against other peoples opinions.

The vocals kill Nespithe and it should have been instrumental. Honestly it would not make my top 20 or even 30 Death Metal albums list.

Demilich sucks, I can't stand those vocals.

A few controversial opinions I have: Tool sucks, Atheist is boring, and Mastodon sucks (for the most part).

Discouraged Ones is Katatonia's best album.

Agalloch has been downhill ever since Pale Folklore (which is a great album), but I'm hoping their new album will be a return to form.

You all can go ahead and attack me now.

The Mantle is pretty clearly their best, but I have very high hopes because I loved the style they went to on Ashes.

I'd mainly love to see them explore more with sounds like that found on Bloodbirds II. That very well might be their best song overall.

The Mantle is pretty clearly their best, but I have very high hopes because I loved the style they went to on Ashes.

I'd mainly love to see them explore more with sounds like that found on Bloodbirds II. That very well might be their best song overall.

I find Ashes Against The Grain just as good as The Mantle, I don't think they could do any wrong. The new album thats set to release might be my favourite of 2010.

it'd be more controversial to say that you enjoyed Bal Sagoth's works. they arent exactly loved by the majority of metal listeners familiar with them.

i enjoy Bal Sagoth

I have no idea whether this is controversial or not, as this band has rabid followers and haters, but Sadistik Exekution is pretty mediocre.

I find Ashes Against The Grain just as good as The Mantle, I don't think they could do any wrong. The new album thats set to release might be my favourite of 2010.

I think it just comes down to which style of theirs is liked most.

Ashes Against The Grain drew heavily from more rock based sounds (especially post-rock, which they actually managed to translate into a 'heavier' style very well - better than any so called post-metal bands) and I tend to prefer their neo-folk based sound most which obviously was what The Mantle focused on.

Demilich sucks, I can't stand those vocals.
Weird vocals are weird, but anyway imo they give the album a whole different dimension.

Discouraged Ones is Katatonia's best album.
Agreed. Although Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptines are awesome too.

Agalloch has been downhill ever since Pale Folklore (which is a great album), but I'm hoping their new album will be a return to form.
I also think that Ashes Against The Grain is in the same level. Let's see what they bring with their new album this year.

Anyone down to argue Nespithe Vs Slumber of Sullen Eyes like good ol times?

Nespithe > SoSE IMO, although SoSE is fucking godlike as well

I've always thought Ancient were a ton of fun. Most people seem to hate them. But how can you not like them with catchy Halloween tunes like this? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone down to argue Nespithe Vs Slumber of Sullen Eyes like good ol times?

Nespithe > SoSE IMO, although SoSE is fucking godlike as well

Slumber Of Sullen Eyes by a mile for me. Every song is memorable, while Nespithe kind of just runs together.

I've always thought Ancient were a ton of fun. Most people seem to hate them. But how can you not like them with catchy Halloween tunes like this? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXc-z9ndL0

Ancient = :puke: