Controversial opinions on metal

Both Nespithe and SoSE are awesome, but the weird vocals in Nespithe give the album a different atmosphere that makes it a unique album.

I think Akerfeldt's vocals don't fit in Brave Murder Day, they sound very plain to me in that album.

The amount of love for shitty albums like Nespithe on here made me realize... this forum must still be full of ANUS fanboys.

Brave Murder Day is an excellent album, but I do agree it would've been even better had Jonas been able to do some (or all) of the harsh vocals.

Brave Murder Day is a perfect album just as it is. Would not be better with any changes.

"KISS" is one of the worst bands of all time and that they are considered to be a part of heavy metal\glam metal is ridiculous, they fail even as a pop rock band.

The problem with young hipsters like you, is that you've constantly been told by your parents, teachers, friends, girlfriend, etc. etc. that you're special and your opinion matters. It doesn't.

Funny because my opinion is 100 times more valid than yours.

I'm interested to see what people say about this (partly because Queensryche doesn't seem to be a widely listened-to band here):

Queensryche's Warning is their best release, and much better than Operation: Mindcrime.

It definitely is.

and Dedede, its one thing to not really be a fan of Demilich, but to call Nespithe a "shitty" album just shows how much you FAIL at metal... and probably real life too.

I can assure you kiddo that I most definitely do not "fail" at real life. I lead an incredibly busy life (hence my low post count vs. the time I've been here) and I earn more money per year than you will likely ever see your entire life. I only stop by this forum occasionally to laugh my ass off at some of the hipsters' opinions on this board and comment as such. I'll leave you all to it.

Why do people equate "making money" to being successful, happy, cock size, having a life. I know lots of people that make plenty of money, and you know what, most of them are unhappy.

If you define your life as a success by how much money you make, you are most assuredly a failure.

I think they do the black/folk sound best. It's what their original sound was based on (Bergtatt), and few bands were doing this in the U.S. in the late 90's. Ashes has that "NeurIsis" sound that all the other 1,569,484 bands are trying to copy nowadays- bands like Neurosis (who created that sound) or Rosetta do it far better IMHO.

Is this idiot for real? Ashes sounds NOTHING like Neurosis. Thematically, it's the complete opposite (viz. nature vs synthetic).

Have you even HEARD Neurosis or Isis? If you had, you wouldn't have made such a moronic comment.