Controversial opinions on metal

Every Katatonia album is great. :D

Although, I think their best albums are Brave Murder Day and Discouraged Ones.

The worst is Last Fair Deal Gone Down.

Best is definitely Brave Murder Day, but I'd say Last Fair Deal Gone Down is their third best (after Tonight's Decision).

The worst is EASILY Viva Emptiness. Album sounds like they were trying to be nu metal and completely failed. Fuck that album. Almost ruined the band for me.

Brave Murder Day is a perfect album just as it is. Would not be better with any changes.

"KISS" is one of the worst bands of all time and that they are considered to be a part of heavy metalglam metal is ridiculous, they fail even as a pop rock band.

In the 1970's, KISS was one of he best rock bands in the world, and I don't see how this can be disputed. It is ridiculous that they are categorized by the VH1 crowd as metal (though the album Destroyer was pretty close), but as for a rock band in the 70's, KISS is easily in the same league with Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Aerosmith. Creatures Of The Night was the beginning of the end, as every album since then (with the exception of Revenge) has been terrible.

It actually goes like this:

#1 Mardraum
#2 Monumension
#3 RUUN
#4 Isa
#5 Below the Lights
#6 Blodhemn
#7 Frost
#8 Axioma Ethica Odini
#9 Vertebrae
#10 Vikingr Veldi

#1 Axioma Ethica Odini
#2 Below the Lights
#3 Mardraum
#4 Frost
#5 Blodhemn
#6 Vikingr Veldi
#7 Isa
#8 Ruun
#9 Monumension
#10 Vertebrae

I'm interested to see what people say about this (partly because Queensryche doesn't seem to be a widely listened-to band here):

Queensryche's Warning is their best release, and much better than Operation: Mindcrime.

I think they got better with each release up to Promised Land, but The Warning is still excellent.

It's more "true metal" that O:M, but I wouldn't say it's better. I think the self-titled EP and Mindcrime are their strongest releases.

How so? Song-for-song, Operation: Mindcrime is definitely their most traditional and tr00 full-length, putting aside Suite Sister Mary. The Warning is pretty prototypical of Keepers-era Helloween in its light and melodic nature, and has those weird orchestral bits, and Take Hold of the Flame which is a total power ballad.

Not to derail but does anyone else read mort's posts in the voice you think the girl in his avatar would talk?

Because I do, and it's fairly annoying. (in my mind)

Not to derail but does anyone else read mort's posts in the voice you think the girl in his avatar would talk?

Because I do, and it's fairly annoying. (in my mind)

I honestly thought he was a nerdy girl when I joined here, so yeah.