Controversial opinions on metal

tumblr_l8cev5xv011qasm5b.gif

:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

Who really cares about that shit? I mean, everyone knows that posturing as pseudo-intellectual nihilists under bastardized KISS makeup is the nadir of trueness.

You strike me as someone who postures as pseudo-intellectual. ;)

I find it hard to believe that so many people across the world could dismiss an entire genre on the basis of it's aesthetic values, it's not that hard to ignore the... style... that the majority of glam bands incorporated. Therefore it's a conspiracy. I blame the PMRC.

The meaner side of glam is great, that is if you can call bands like W.A.S.P. Fastway and Skid Row glam? I'm also quite partial to the all time kings of sleazy glam,The New York Dolls.

I don't mind Skid Row, and select W.A.S.P. songs but as a whole, the genre just seems so... bland. I don't even care about the visual aspects, the music is just... bland to me.

I actually thought that song wasn't bad. I never checked out the rest of the album though. The vid was funny...

"Death to all... butt metal?"

Now won't you listen, all you pretty boys
In magazines you look like plastic toys
Superstars of rock, you just pretend
A blasphemy that never seems to end

Ugly bastard, you think you look good
But there are things you never understood
With lipstick and mascara in your hand
Bet you're not even sure you're a man

Now listen

Hairdryer soldiers marching out to war
Can't you see yourself, you're such a bore
Why don't you all just lie down and die?
The world's a mess and you're the reason why

Dismissing a genre because of it's aesthetics is a losing battle, because one would have to dismiss all of metal to be consistent. I can't think of a single metal band that doesn't have an at least somewhat hokey appearance, at least on stage.

Glam Metal is not too bad, some good bands out there ... but I have not really listen to any glam for a few years.

I've come up with a new drinking game. For every use of the words "pseudo-intellectual" in this thread, you must chug a beer. Only then will you be able to put up with this bullshit.