Controversial opinions on metal

Hail to the King, indeed. But really, he's not so much a "singer", he's more of a "vocalist". If one wants to hear good singing, I doubt they spin a KD or MF disc. And if that makes me a poser and faggot, that's fine by me.
*goes into the bathroom to fap to old Hit Parader mag with Bruce Dickenson spread*

This might be somewhat controversial, but I enjoy Akercocke far more then I've enjoyed anything by Opeth.

Vintersorg > Borknagar, although both are great.

Enslaved are the kings of Norway's metal scene.

This might be somewhat controversial, but I enjoy Akercocke far more then I've enjoyed anything by Opeth.

Vintersorg > Borknagar, although both are great.

Enslaved are the kings of Norway's metal scene.

I see your controversial opinion and raise you one by stating that that Opeth is not only better than Akercocke, but better than most "proggy" metal bands.

Borknagar was at their best with Garm, and Vintersorg is just a more pretentious version of Borknagar, imo.

If you're talking only about currently active Norwegian metal bands, I'll agree with you about Enslaved.

Borknagar was best with Simen, if only because their best album, Quintessence.

The two Garm albums are excellent though.

THe best one with Vintersorg is the latest, Universal.

I haven't heard any of Borknagar's shit with Vintersorg. I have however heard some of Vintersorg's solo material, and both Solens Rotter and Cosmic Genesis are pretty great, if I do say so myself.

Men dressing like women for outrageous stage theatrics is more metal than scenesters that follow a pseudo-artsy dress code of big gauges and tattoos. Only a few glam metal bands were really what I'd call "cross-dressing" anyway.

Who really cares about that shit? I mean, everyone knows that posturing as pseudo-intellectual nihilists under bastardized KISS makeup is the nadir of trueness.

Glam metal should be more repected than it is.

tumblr_l8cev5xv011qasm5b.gif