Controversial opinions on metal

That's not true at all, since MOP and AJFA are their best albums and contain no Mustaine riffs whatsoever.

I LOVE METALLICA DISCUSSIONS LETS HAVE ANOTHER, HERES A CONTROVERSIAL OPINON THE ONLY GOOD MEALLICA IS HIT THE LITES FROM MEGAFORCE COMPILATION AFTER THAT THEY SOLED OUT

Actually, they sold out before they even started because Lars Ulrich had already acquired the taste for money by being a bourgeois professional tennis player.

The reason why there is more bad music is because nowadays it is pretty easy for any loser to acquire an instrument and play. But you cant deny that there have been many fantastic metal albums in the last decade. Despite the flood of crappy mainstream metal bands, the underground black metal scene is flourishing as well as ever imo. Death metal has been on a decline since the mid 90s though, I agree with you guys there. Aside from the occasional gem, its a rather bland scene.

Saying that Symphony X is better than Rhapsody is the opposite of controversial.
Zao isn't listenable at all, imo.

This may or may not be controversial:
Alice In Chains made some excellent metal songs, and so did Soundgarden, despite the fact that both bands are obviously not metal.

Saying that Symphony X is better than Rhapsody is the opposite of controversial.
Zao isn't listenable at all, imo.

This may or may not be controversial:
Alice In Chains made some excellent metal songs, and so did Soundgarden, despite the fact that both bands are obviously not metal.

exactly. i was just telling my friend that the other day. alice in chains keeps up the quality with their music. its such a good mixture of grunge/metal/blues/rock. their newest cd is great imho also.

The reason why there is more bad music is because nowadays it is pretty easy for any loser to acquire an instrument and play.

The reason the entire argument about the majority of current metal bands being shit is utterly stupid and trite is because if you look at music in general the majority of it sucks.