Controversial opinions on metal

Alright, I really dislike CoB's music and I'm not particularly impressed with Laiho's playing, either. On a technical level he's good, but I just do not enjoy his solos, riffs, you name it. Is that better?

honestly, comming from a huge shred fan, i think his solo's are sick. and the cover of vivaldi's four seasons with roope latvala he did was fucking epic.

^ Actually the last two times I saw him (I've seen COB three times, each on the Blooddrunk tour), he nailed every solo absolutely flawlessly. Dunno where and when you saw him, but he seems to be smartening the fuck up.

I'll stick with Yngwie for classical-inspired metal guitar shredding. I prefer blues based soloing (which is another reason why I like Yngwie - he's an excellent blues player as well).

EDIT: At the playing drunk comments about CoB, I remember Dimebag Darrell could play his solos perfectly and barely keep himself standing up. With enough rehearsing, playing trashed isn't that impressive of a skill, imo.

Honestly, I hate shred.

COB and Warmen seem to be the lone exceptions for me though. No clue why, I just love the tunes (except Hate Crew Deathroll, aside from 3 or so songs, that shit is ass for the most part).

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: 99% OF METAL BANDS THAT STARTED AFTER 1970 SUCK SHIT

AM I ONE OF THE COOL KIDS YET

That's not true at all, since MOP and AJFA are their best albums and contain no Mustaine riffs whatsoever.

I LOVE METALLICA DISCUSSIONS LETS HAVE ANOTHER, HERES A CONTROVERSIAL OPINON THE ONLY GOOD MEALLICA IS HIT THE LITES FROM MEGAFORCE COMPILATION AFTER THAT THEY SOLED OUT

To clarify: the 99% contains bands that some "people" would consider metal such as Korn, Slipknot, A7X, Limp Bizkit, etc. That saturate the market. If we were looking at "real" metal it's probably only 50% that suck shit.

Anyway it's MY controversial opinion so you can all fuck a blender.

I think you misread the thread title. We're supposed to post opinions, not blatant misinformation.

It's okay. We all make mistakes at some point. Except me.

To clarify: the 99% contains bands that some "people" would consider metal such as Korn, Slipknot, A7X, Limp Bizkit, etc. That saturate the market. If we were looking at "real" metal it's probably only 50% that suck shit.

Anyway it's MY controversial opinion so you can all fuck a blender.

Nice backpedal there bud. Well done.