Controversial opinions on metal

I KNOW YOU‘RE FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE.

(that was written for Carnivore anyway)

What? Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity was the first song on Type O Negative's first album... unless I'm not getting it?

Edit: at above, no one really gives a fuck about what you like here, especially if it's not metal.

What? Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity was the first song on Type O Negative's first album... unless I'm not getting it?

Half of the songs on the first album were still supposed to be Carnivore songs. Carnivore is like 100x better anyway, which is supported by the fact that only those songs stand out there.

Also, ke$sha is always sweaty and looks glittery because everything she touches sticks to the sweat. She seems like she'd be unpleasant to the touch.

I would decide whether it‘s a good idea to touch her or not based on seeing her in real life, naked, from various distances.

Oh, Add System Of A Down to my list of kick ass bands.

Toxicity is an awesome album. Better than any metal albums I've heard of its release year.

The Gathering - Mandylion is one of the best metal albums with female vocals.

Is that controversial? That seems to be the Gathering album that gets the most praise, and it's not like there's that many highly esteemed female vocalled metal bands out there in the first place.

I just got Bloody Kisses and I can't see myself getting into it. Some of the stuff is good, but there's too much weirdness and fucking around. I know that to some degree that's the point, but that doesn't really do it for me. If they have any more focused, serious material I'm down to hear it because some of what I heard sounded damn good, but if it's all like Bloody Kisses I think it's something that I probably won't get. I'll have to give that album another spin or two but I don't see it growing much.

I just got Bloody Kisses and I can't see myself getting into it. Some of the stuff is good, but there's too much weirdness and fucking around. I know that to some degree that's the point, but that doesn't really do it for me. If they have any more focused, serious material I'm down to hear it because some of what I heard sounded damn good, but if it's all like Bloody Kisses I think it's something that I probably won't get. I'll have to give that album another spin or two but I don't see it growing much.

Bloody Kisses was the only album they did that I liked. Their style is rather slow and became boring kind of quickly after some time. The first half of the CD is much better than the second half from what I remember.

Oh, and the other day I discovered Queensryche which I fell in love with very quickly. I dont know how they slipped past me all these years.

I am of the opinion that people should support their opinions with details, especially when disagreeing with others in what is apparently supposed to be a discussion board.

By the way, who the hell is that woman in your signature? Judging by her nose, she's a champion bare-knuckle boxer.

Seriously though, Al Cisneros is one of metals best songwriters and to simply pass Sleep off as 'banal' simply because you dislike 'stoner doom' is silly.

I will say that he really 'matured' as a songwriter when he start Om though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md-A0IgssDY&feature=related[/ame]

Absolutely one of the best songs I've ever heard.

EDIT: She's Marissa Nadler - amazing folk musician.

Last edited by a moderator:
That shit sounds awful. I'm sorry to say that I'm really not into that lo-fi hipster bullshit. I'd rather listen to talented, real singer-songwriters than generic tripe. The misuse of effects to make her voice stand out more makes me cringe too. Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell are both good examples of female singer-songwriters with vocal chops and a knack for writing songs with meaning and memorable moments.

I've heard Om before and I am unimpressed with them as well.

Yeah, I'm just going to make a mental note to completely ignore your posts from now on.

Pro tip: Using the term hipster in any capacity makes you look like an insufferable douche.

And I'm definitely not seeing the generic thing you're talking about either, but okay.

a) Fuck SOAD. b) Electric Wizard, Om, and Sleep are awesome. Hating them is like hating one's parents. It's not right.