Controversial opinions on metal

Controversial opinions on metal huh...

Metallica is grotesquely overrated.

Metalcore is a fucking joke...

Oh wait...The former is widely known and the latter isn't necessarily controversial at all. In fact metalcore isn't even a metal genre... My bad:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about you explain why you disagree or try to change my opinion if that's your thing?

Stoner doom especially is literally nothing more than low-talent Black Sabbath worship played by people who probably smoke more than they eat, with generally stupid lyrics to boot.

You might be the best new poster we've had in a while. Stoner doom does suck.

i don't get all the hate stoner doom gets on this forum. i mean, i can understand why others wouldn't like it, and it's not without its faults, but i didn't notice it got that much hate in the metal community until now.

but i'd never try to pass it off as anything but Sabbath worship, except a few bands. but Sabbath worship is basically 70% of doom the genre anyway.

I used to really hate stoner doom myself but I've been beginning to warm up to it recently. I didn't like it at first because I thought you had to be a stoner to be a fan on the genre. I've since come to realize that you don't have to be a satanist to like satanic black metal, you don't have to be a nazi to like NSBM and you don't have to be a stoner to like stoner doom. I bought Electric Wizard's new album called Black Mass and it really changed my opinion of stoner doom.

Electric Wizard is honestly so much different than other "stoner doom" bands I dont know why they're lumped with them.

They're like Teitanblood in that bestial black/death crap... they're just so much better than every other band in the genre, it's not even fair to classify them the same way.

Electric Wizard's first album is just Sleep worship.

the other stuff is fairly unique, yes, but it's still stoner doom.

still haven't heard any real criticism towards stoner doom other than it's "unintelligent" (derp) Sabbath worship.
I didn't like it at first because I thought you had to be a stoner to be a fan on the genre.
um.
what.

My issue with "Stoner Doom" is that there is so much other music (doom or otherwise) that does a way WAY better job at being "stoner" music than 3rd tier "groovy" Sabbath soundalikes that wear the "stoneerrrr" tag on their fucking sleeves as if it constitutes a whole seperate genre. fuck off.

My issue with "Stoner Doom" is that there is so much other music (doom or otherwise) that does a way WAY better job at being "stoner" music than 3rd tier "groovy" Sabbath soundalikes that wear the "stoneerrrr" tag on their fucking sleeves as if it constitutes a whole seperate genre. fuck off.
who cares at the label? tons of metal genres have fucking stupid sounding labels.

and this is stoner doom:

i don't hear that much groove in this. the difference between stoner doom to me is stuff like Sleep and Electric Wizard that are doomier, and Orange Goblin and later Cathedral which are more up tempo. the latter has groove. to me, that's stoner rock/metal/whatever.

maybe i'm splitting hairs, but i wouldn't classify Electric Wizard and Orange Goblin together myself...
The problem is the word stoner, really.
elaborate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back what I said about Puppets, it's a good album but ride the lightning still doesn't pump my nads.
Cannibal Corpse, Machine Head, Mastodon,Type O Negative, and the Black Dahlia Murder kick ass. I'm guessing I'll get shit for the last 2 bands.

I take back what I said about Puppets, it's a good album but ride the lightning still doesn't pump my nads.
Cannibal Corpse, Machine Head, Mastodon,Type O Negative, and the Black Dahlia Murder kick ass. I'm guessing I'll get shit for the last 2 bands.

I KNOW YOU‘RE FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE.

(that was written for Carnivore anyway)