Controversial opinions on metal

zabu of nΩd;10152422 said:
The thing about music taste is that it's something of an indicator of a person's level of personal development and maturity. So a person's love, dislike or indifference to can say a lot about those kinds of "quality of character"

I would agree, but everyone has a very different view of what tastes = maturity.

So the fact that I don't like some respected classic Metal makes me less intelligent or knowledgeable than those who do?

BTW you bitch constantly

because he thinks idioms aren't slang and proper english.
because he used a dictionary to find the least used tense of a word he doesn't know how to use outside of some shitty saying.
because I use i.e. instead of e.g. because I always assumed it meant "in example", and saying that acronym is incorrect because of the commonly used latin "e.g." is kinda cute, when infact i.e. could mean a variety of things... such as internet explorer, or even immunoenzymatic.

I admitted my foul for having not heard "same old aesthetic" before - but you guys keep trying to push it on?

I'm cool with that.

God, I wish I gave a shit about this sad little argument to actually respond more directly, but then it would just drag on and on. Suffice it to say that I use the term "aesthetic" constantly in the same sense that it is used in "same tired aesthetic".

"Ereb Altor focuses more on the natural side of the folk aesthetic..."
"In Solitude, blending the unique melodicism and occult aesthetics of Mercyful Fate with the archetypal Iron Maiden and Judas Priest metal sound..."
"They too often fail to capture the spirit of the music by focusing on the aesthetic when those qualities are merely a product of the symbiosis of musical evolution and ideology."
"A cold and cryptic passage complimented by eerie chanting leads into what may be described as a Nordic sounding main movement, an aesthetic that nonetheless vividly calls upon the “Spirit of Darkness.”"
"...one easily digestible in its consistency and the other more nuanced and disharmonious at varying intervals, creating a dynamic mood that is unique within the spectrum of this aesthetic."
"Funebrarum prides itself on its dedication to the old school aesthetics of the classic death metal sound, and it certainly shows."
"The band’s music in relation to their name is essential, with the band describing “the aesthetic” as “clearly spiritual, although non-confessional, just like the atmosphere of a burial ground generally is perceived as solemn, sacred and severe, regardless of whether or not the visitor is aware of which religious current it is a part of”."
"That this piece fits in so well with the other material is a reflection not only of the proclivity of Hunters Moon toward a more heavy metal attitude toward what is by and large a black metal aesthetic, but the very relation between heavy metal and black metal at its origins via Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, etc."
"In reality, the aesthetic may be a good deal more similar than its actual delivery and, certainly, its overall effect."
"Bizarrely blending mythological fiction with anti-religious didacticism, the conceptual framework of Stíny Plamenů’s music lends to it a consistency of aesthetic and of approach."
"Lead playing is deployed in a similar aesthetic as on Nocturnus’ The Key in that they burst forth in very short, rapid spurts continually throughout the recording."
"Vektor is one of the very few bands around today playing this form of music that takes a holistic approach to their music by incorporating aesthetic, lyrics, and music into one unified identity."
"Perhaps the most immediate difference, and one that points directly toward an alteration in the band’s aesthetic philosophy, is the combination of the guitar tone with the production, which more naturally conforms to a purely death metal aesthetic"

I cannot stand The God Machine. With BNRMetal and others worshiping them as a godly and forgotten band of 90's alternative/grunge I had high expectations, but ugh. Maybe it's a case where my lack of musical education prevents me from hearing their brilliant musical subtlety, but they sound so repetitious to me. And their singer sounds like the Jane's Addiction guy, who I don't mind in that band, but if you're going to play gloomy minimalist alt-rock get a different fucking singer.

EDIT: Oh, and Alice in Chains is one of the greatest things ever.

Let's get back on track gang, and remember what a wise soothsayer once said:

Opinions are just that, and if it doesn't line up with your own personal tastes, get over it! Grow up a bit and moveeee on, thanks!

Let's get back on track gang, and remember what a wise soothsayer once said:

Opinions are just that, and if it doesn't line up with your own personal tastes, get over it! Grow up a bit and moveeee on, thanks!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but that doesn't mean that if yours smells rank I'm not going to say something about it

-King Diamond's vocals (for both KD and Mercyful Fate), when he sounds high-pitched like a little kid going "eeee!", are so fucking awful.... and this is coming from someone who thinks Cirith Ungol's vocals are quite tolerable.

And that why i dont like them ...

I saw alot of comment about S.T Anger witch i think have some good song.