Controversial opinions on metal

I agree that Brave New World is one of their best; top 5, at least. Great melodies and probably Bruce's best performance.

Killers is a pretty poor record. A few good instrumentals, but basically all the rest of the stuff is way weaker than the debut and nowhere near the quality of albums 3-7.

Killers is excellent all the way through excluding Twilight Zone (which is a bonus track and thus doesn't count). How anyone can value Somewhere in Time (where they suddenly decided that repeating a chorus a thousand times to the seven minute mark makes a song progressive) over it is beyond me.

Cryptic Writings is my favorite after Rust in Peace. Much higher quality control than Countdown to Extinction, and more diverse than Youthanasia.

Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are basically equals quality-wise. Most of their albums have plenty of weaker songs as well. I see no reason for early Iron Maiden to be called out on it anymore than them.

Judas Priest demolishes Iron Maiden. It's not even close. Iron Maiden is a joke in comparison.

Judas Priest has been much more consistent over their career (Nostradamus is their only album I would call poor, and if it were a lot shorter I'd enjoy it) but their peak material is about equivalent.

Judas Priest's best albums are a lot
more adventurous (and less pretentious) than anything by Iron Maiden despite being years older. There's no comparison.

Rob Halford also shits all over Bruce Dickinson in vocal range and technique even though Dickinson tries way harder to show off his vocals than Halford.

lolno

Fuck off gayboy. Iron Maiden has never written anything that even approaches "Beyond the Realms of Death" from miles off.

Where Eagles Dare > that

Although I have to admit that Dissident Aggressor is probably better than any Iron Maiden song. But I don't care. Both have dozens of godly songs among their albums. Judas Priest was obviously much more influential and creative, but Iron Maiden at their best still was incredible.

Where Eagles Dare > that

Although I have to admit that Dissident Aggressor is probably better than any Iron Maiden song. But I don't care. Both have dozens of godly songs among their albums. Judas Priest was obviously much more influential and creative, but Iron Maiden at their best still was incredible.

I don't know what is going on there. But I don't see what is so controversial about what I said. Both are excellent. It's not like I enjoy Manilla lol'd or something.

I'll take both, thanks. Both bands have numerous masterpieces but also a few clunkers. Both have great singers and guitarists. Both bands are capable of reaching the absolute apex of heavy metal- a point at which it is no longer possible for one band to be better than the other. It's just perfection.

Iron Maiden didn't reach the apex of anything musically positive, since the albums that most people favor by them are basically modeled after Judas Priest anyway.

Besides, the musicians and vocalist in Judas Priest are very obviously better than those in Iron Maiden.