Controversial opinions on metal

I don't see how one can claim to like doom and not like Forest Of Equilibrium, but hey, maybe that's just another controversial opinion.

Nah, he sounds fine on Forest of Equilibrium. If there's any album he ruins, it's the second half of Alkahest. The music on the other Cathedral albums is shit enough even without his trisomal vocals.

Song of Sirens is the only good song on Purgatory Afterglow. And calling that album "progressive death metal" is lol-worthy.

Wikipedia, RYM, and Metal-Archives peeps all seem to insist that it was their first progressive death album. And I see no reason for that song to be eight minutes long. Cut away the intro and spoken verse section and they still go back to that one riff and fruity chorus melody far too many times. Should be a four minute song max.

And for the record I've never heard someone call purgatory afterglow prog death. Its obviously melo-death but maybe the clean parts/vocals make it proggy?

God damn it, why does everyone always get into discussions about the exact genre specifications? Why is this important? Fuck. I don't know exactly why it irritates me, but I'm so sick of everyone saying 'such and such lists it as meoldic grind-deathcore but I think it sounds more like folkish symphonic butt fuck core' or whatever. God damn it stop god damn it.

God damn it, why does everyone always get into discussions about the exact genre specifications? Why is this important? Fuck. I don't know exactly why it irritates me, but I'm so sick of everyone saying 'such and such lists it as meoldic grind-deathcore but I think it sounds more like folkish symphonic butt fuck core' or whatever. God damn it stop god damn it.
Why do you use my post to hate on? I was replying to the guy that said calling the album prog death was "lolworthy" when I have never heard anyone call it that.