Controversial opinions on metal

I think it's pretty decent and wouldn't think less of it for not being progressive metal. Just sayin that it's another Metal-Archives & friends moment of ridiculous arbitration.

tumblr_m7qp8wmXFf1ra789zo1_500.jpg

:lol:

Also, if Liturgy and Dimmu Borgir aren't significantly different from each other, then I guess that Judas Priest and Tearstained are pretty much the same thing too, right? I mean, both bands use falsetto vocals after all.

I think it's pretty decent and wouldn't think less of it for not being progressive metal. Just sayin that it's another Metal-Archives & friends moment of ridiculous arbitration.

I see what you mean. And yes I personally would not categorize it as progressive metal or even metal in its entirety.

Actually I have a hard time categorizing townsends music as a whole but I do categorize the guy as a creative genius in his own rite.

Anything that has to do with Devin Townsend sounds like shit. Last song I listened from him sounded like rap.

I don't mind some of his music but I'm really not liking the overproduced sound on his albums - the latest "Epicloud" being no exception.

Can't remember hearing anything resembling rap though...

Another strange term now is metalcore. Metalcore was in the 80's what we call today crossover and related stuff like DRI, Corrosion of Conformity or Exhorder. Now 'metalcore' is used for the less-metal groove oriented music like Lamb of God, KSE and such, usually heavily inspired on Pantera (Vulgar onwards) and in some cases taking elements from melodeath.
I think the worst example of this in music is R&B. Back in the days it was abut quality music, like Ray Charles and Joe Strummer, today... don't get me started. I'd rather regurgitate my insides and listen to Swedish House Mafia all day than listen to what goes by the name R&B today, and as much as I try and respect all forms of music, this is one of those cases where I have to keep myself from exploding :Shedevil:

I think the worst example of this in music is R&B. Back in the days it was abut quality music, like Ray Charles and Joe Strummer, today... don't get me started. I'd rather regurgitate my insides and listen to Swedish House Mafia all day than listen to what goes by the name R&B today, and as much as I try and respect all forms of music, this is one of those cases where I have to keep myself from exploding :Shedevil:

I think people still differentiate these genres by calling the new stuff R&B (or "contemporary R&B") and the old stuff Rhythm & Blues - but yeah I agree the "R&B" we hear on commercial radio today hijacked the term.

This is one of the few genres of music I detest..

Arghoslent, Hypocrisy, and Intestine Baalism are fantastic melodic death.

Even though I had heard of both arghoslent and intestine baalism it wasnt until after your quote that i decided to give em a spin.

Unfortunately I was expecting allot more from them and was pretty dissapointed. Both bands have some shining moments here n there but as a whole are pretty lackluster.

Definately not even close to the quality of music we have gotten in allot of hypocrisy´s albums over the years

Devy is sorta like Ozzy. He had a band way back when that crushed all of our balls, then went solo and most people kept on worshiping him even though the output just plain wasn't as good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWac5UT80no&feature=related[/ame]

Doesn't that just beat any black or death metal you've ever heard?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Okay, apparently you're a little slow. So I'll break it down for you.

Ozzy: was great in Black Sabbath, went solo and even though the material kinda sucked everyone kept licking his asshole and claiming he was awesome.

Devy: Strapping Young Lad was sexcellent, then he turned around and started being experimental and dull but still has people fellating him despite the sharp drop in quality.

Okay, apparently you're a little slow. So I'll break it down for you.

Ozzy: was great in Black Sabbath, went solo and even though the material kinda sucked everyone kept licking his asshole and claiming he was awesome.

Devy: Strapping Young Lad was sexcellent, then he turned around and started being experimental and dull but still has people fellating him despite the sharp drop in quality.

You think Ozzy and Townsend's careers are similar enough to compare them and conclude that they are overrated and are unjustly fellated, and yet I'm the slow one? :guh:

Do you ever think about what you're saying? Seriously.