Controversial opinions on metal

Both of you can go fuck yourselves all day and all night long.

Especially you Effigy. Dissing Ozzy does not make you more br00talz.

you can go suck rhodes dick like his other fanboys just cause he died.

Fact is he wasnt exceptional and just because you like him doesnt make him so.

Jake E. Lee > Randy Rhodes

Eat your heart out Morbus

you can go suck rhodes dick like his other fanboys just cause he died.

Fact is he wasnt exceptional and just because you like him doesnt make him so.

Jake E. Lee > Randy Rhodes

Eat your heart out Morbus
Unlike Dimebag and Corbain fans, I never worship a musician just because they die. I judge them by their skill and qualitative craftsmanship. Randy Rhoads was a genius with a guitar.

I can't eat my heart I'm afraid. I ate it a long time ago. I was hungry as hell and it seemed like the black metal thing to do.

If Dimebag commited a mistake, that was not playing in another bands where he could show better his skills. His soloing was pretty good, he was a solid riff writer but since now is cool to hate Pantera (cause back in the day the hate towards the band was minimal, especially compared to these days) now we'll say that every member of the band sucked ass playing his instruments.

Even Phil was an incredible singer with one of the broadest ranges in metal, at least until CFH.

Allfader summed it up perfectly but here's the short version, Ozzy sucks at singing period and Black Sabbath was only good because iommi.

Sabbath with dio was 100000000000000000000000000000000 times better, not only did they have a GOOD singer, iommi's guitar playing was more technical and IMO better.

Charlie Benante is a big reason behind Anthrax's general suckage. I'm listening to Persistence of Time right now and this album has grown on me a lot, definitely their take on a more progressive sound but I don't think it was really following any particular trend in that direction either (maybe the vaguest AJFA-isms but nothing too significant). However, you have a song like Time with that odd time signature riff and lots of other riff changes and one of their best guitar solos of their career, and Benante plays like a drum-machine throughout almost the entire duration. He's just barely passable bordering on so-monotonous-and-boring-it's-distracting. I'd put him just a hair over Clemente.

Charlie Benante is a big reason behind Anthrax's general suckage. I'm listening to Persistence of Time right now and this album has grown on me a lot, definitely their take on a more progressive sound but I don't think it was really following any particular trend in that direction either (maybe the vaguest AJFA-isms but nothing too significant). However, you have a song like Time with that odd time signature riff and lots of other riff changes and one of their best guitar solos of their career, and Benante plays like a drum-machine throughout almost the entire duration. He's just barely passable bordering on so-monotonous-and-boring-it's-distracting. I'd put him just a hair over Clemente.
Being Antrax is the reason for their general suckage.

lol, no, I'm serious. Maybe it wasn't chords....like I said, I don't know shit about playing guitar. I heard that he didn't know all the shit you should know about playing, yet he was still able to play amazingly. Kind of like he played what sounded good.

Django Reinhardt didn't know shit about scales, modes and stuff, he just played what sounded good and that's the story for tons of very revered and influential musicians that the talent to overcome their lack of formal instruction (which again, most of them got later).

Your comment is just a very ignorant way to see what Pantera was about: remember that they used to play power/heavy metal before becoming the groove metal band they were known, they used to play stuff from Judas Priest for example. Dime knew how to write a song, what was he doing (just see his lessons) and how play it.

It's not different than saying Fredrik Thordendal it's a terrible guitarist just cause he seems to only know to chug the 8th string over and over. The guy was alumni of Allan Holdsworth, which is one of the most advanced guitar players ever and you can tell! his semi cacophonous and semi atonal is pure Holdsworth.

Django Reinhardt didn't know shit about scales, modes and stuff, he just played what sounded good and that's the story for tons of very revered and influential musicians that the talent to overcome their lack of formal instruction (which again, most of them got later).

Your comment is just a very ignorant way to see what Pantera was about: remember that they used to play power/heavy metal before becoming the groove metal band they were known, they used to play stuff from Judas Priest for example. Dime knew how to write a song, what was he doing (just see his lessons) and how play it.

It's not different than saying Fredrik Thordendal it's a terrible guitarist just cause he seems to only know to chug the 8th string over and over. The guy was alumni of Allan Holdsworth, which is one of the most advanced guitar players ever and you can tell! his semi cacophonous and semi atonal is pure Holdsworth.

That's probably what I'm thinking of. I recall hearing this from an old friend who was a HUGE Pantera fan. Shit, maybe he was misinformed himself. I'm a Pantera fan as well, and don't get me wrong, I could never get anywhere close to recreating a single riff done by Dimebag.