Controversial opinions on metal

You think Ozzy and Townsend's careers are similar enough to compare them and conclude that they are overrated and are unjustly fellated, and yet I'm the slow one? :guh:

Do you ever think about what you're saying? Seriously.

No. I don't. I just kinda shit on my keyboard and hope my feces lands in a vaguely word-based format. But I appreciate your inquiry.

Ozzy is fucking pop metal get over it guys.

Simple rule, if you have a completely terrible, awfully annoying talking voice, your singing will also be shit.

Autotune can do wonderful things but still can't make Ozzy sound remotely decent enough to not listen to and laugh my ass of at because of how terrible he sounds.

Crazy train is THE most OVERRATED rock song in history, welcome to the jungle is right after that. Seriously, Guns n Roses and Ozzy are terrible bands that appeal to a mainstream audience but for the 6+ years I've known these bands I could never find out why.

Autotune can do wonderful things but still can't make Ozzy sound remotely decent

I have no idea what he does these days and I haven't heard any of his new music, but he certainly wasn't using auto-tune on the Sabbath and early solo stuff. He double tracks his vocals and always has.

Randy Rhoades was and still is OVER RATED!

Simple rule, if you have a completely terrible, awfully annoying talking voice, your singing will also be shit.

Autotune can do wonderful things but still can't make Ozzy sound remotely decent enough to not listen to and laugh my ass of at because of how terrible he sounds.

Crazy train is THE most OVERRATED rock song in history, welcome to the jungle is right after that. Seriously, Guns n Roses and Ozzy are terrible bands that appeal to a mainstream audience but for the 6+ years I've known these bands I could never find out why.

Both of you can go fuck yourselves all day and all night long.

Especially you Effigy. Dissing Ozzy does not make you more br00talz.

I would say that Ozzy's first 4 albums were heavy metal thru and thru, not the best, not the most consistent, but heavy enough. Now he's just a joke.

Ozzy's vocals were never good to begin with and he's only praised cause was the singer for the first Sabbath albums. Those Sabbath albums are excellent for 1 reason: Iommi's riffing.

Crazy Train itself it's not that bad, but it's overplayed as fuck.

I've been into metal for more than 20 years and I can tell you that Ozzy kept relevance over time, cause his first albums had 2 winner features: a couple of good songs on them and a good guitarist. Also don't forget that After he left Sabbath, the band's style also changed and the revolving door of singers left the feeling that Sabbath couldn't reach his potential unless the true original formation reunited once again (and damn, Dio albums are as good, if not better than some Ozzy-fronted ones as well as some Tony Martin ones are just underated) and Ozzy did play with the band after its demise with Forbidden, so Nostalgia is the main reason - just like people will see this new 'Sabbath' live with a singer that can't sing a damn thing anymore and a ridiculous drummer.

I have no idea what he does these days and I haven't heard any of his new music, but he certainly wasn't using auto-tune on the Sabbath and early solo stuff. He double tracks his vocals and always has.

Ozzy has been autotuning his ass heavily since at least Ozzmosis (I'm not sure if No More Tears also was autotuned), 17 years of annoying artificial tuning is enough to shit over Ozzy's vocals without discussion.

this.
And none of Osbournes solo albums were that good, there were some good tracks on the first two, but they werestill mostly pretty dull albums.

Just like many pop singer albums, they manage to craft a couple of hits and back in the day when you couldn't download albums to listen first, that was enough to convince everyone to buy them.