Controversial opinions on metal

How do we know the Slipknot and SOAD guy is trolling? "Landmark" and "unique" are hyperbole, but the songs posted weren't exactly the most generic example of either band or the nu-metal genre on a whole. I enjoy both Toxicity and Hypnotize quite a bit.

If you don't find that shit worse than what I listen to then it really makes your taste even more questionable than it already is

We need to make an official declaration of what kinds of non-metal are the most metal. It goes without saying that nu-metal and metalcore are among the least metal, and that Wagner and Celtic folk music are among the most metal, but what about in between? Is Paramore more or less metal than REM, for example? And what about contemporary R&B? I think TLC is probably more metal than Rihanna, but I might be wrong on that.

Do Paramore fans actually call themselves Parawhores? I'm listening to 'crushcrushcrush' on YouTube right now and that's what the top rated comment implies. Song is decent. Much better than most tech-death.

:lol:

I listen to Paramore occasionally because the wife likes them. The handful of songs I like that they have all use the standard rock/pop chords/progressions. They are "likable" for a reason. Corporate formula. Paramore executes well.