Controversial opinions on metal

Graveland is overrated. They have some good albums (Thousand Swords being the best IMO), but I wouldn't call Graveland great, and don't consider them a top tier bm band. The music is a bit samey and monotonous.

Brutal Death Metal Musicians are not good.

That's not very controversial at all. At least half the people on this forum would probably agree with you. That said I do not, but to each his own.

Btw, V- has there been any official word from Wormed yet about the new album that they're allegedly working on?

Btw, V- has there been any official word from Wormed yet about the new album that they're allegedly working on?

Phlegeton is currently recording/mixing with Human Mincer for their new album out on Brutal Bands later this year. He is doing vocals. I believe they are working on a new Wormed which should come out this year or next. But I wouldn't count on it.

^ no

And in all seriousness, I think Suffocation may be the best death metal band ever (MA are cool and stuff too). Obituary are nowhere close.

They're uninteresting, sound half-assed and there's really nothing special about fucking Tardy. Suffocation released Human Waste like a year and a half after Obituary's early stuff and slayed everything Obituary'd done easily.