Controversial opinions on metal

I'm really oneo f the few dudes who believes that later bands who "perfected" a sound have albums better than those who originate it. Yeah it's not fair to claim that the followers are better than the pioneers but in the end it's those who perfect the formula who really make the masterpieces.

If such bands actually existed, you would be right. But I don't know of any bands that did Incantation style better than Onward To Golgotha, Burzum style better than Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, etc. The point is many styles DID come as close to perfection as possible pretty early on.

The stupid pink floyd shit that happens part way through one of the songs angers me because otherwise it is a great album

That's what I like about that the song "Valkyrie". Are you suggesting that Pink Floyd is "stupid shit", because if you are, I think you might have some sort of mental affliction that needs immediate treatment.

I don't know if EffigyForgotton is a troll

Or just monoxide_child-level retarded

211262-fry-not-sure_header.jpg

No, I don't like Pink Floyd, but they're not 'stupid shit' just I don't feel it fits in the context of the song.

Sounds like covering up now that your stupidity as been exposed :)

No? Anyone with an ounce of reading comprehension would not interpret what I said as talking bad about Pink Floyd...

The spacey synth solos and the bluesy guitar bits are really out of place on the album and sound stupid...

It depends on what kind of non-metal I'd be suggesting, because I know that more than a couple of my non-metal recommendations have been things people here have enjoyed.

I know for a fact that Onder liked Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter, I know KafkaX liked First Aid Kit, pretty certain there were people who liked Cinnamon Chasers (if not here then I know on a few other metal sites people who liked them and only found out due to me introducing them), Genelec & Memphis Reigns is probably the most well received rap recommendation I make anywhere, etc.

Mort, I think Im one of the few people here that respects your opinion on non-metal music, AND at the same time not let your other tastes in music taint the way I look at your opinion on metal. You have good taste dude and Im sure if I liked pop music, you could recommend me some killer shit, but I dont. But the fact is, youve rec'd some good shit, metal and non-metal, especially First Aid Kit. Fuck the haters.

The spacey synth solos and the bluesy guitar bits are really out of place on the album and sound stupid...

I was impressed on how well those elements fit together. I like Klabautamann too, but the way they mix jazz with black metal sounds awkward by comparison. What I mean is that there are plenty of black metal + x hybrids which sound a lot more schizophrenic than "Valkyrie". Like I said, the only issue I have with Nokturnal Mortum's The Voice of Steel is that most of the songs run together and are hard to distinguish from each other except for the aforementioned song.

I don't find that to be the case at all. Each song is like a unique entity in its own right, with distinguishable characteristics and atmospheres, allowing the album to hold listeners' attention from start to finish. Of course this is just my view and I welcome and respect the opinions of others.

I don't know if EffigyForgotton is a troll

Or just monoxide_child-level retarded

As far as I can tell everyone on the forum thinks EffigyForgotten is an idiot. He's obviously a kid so it's not a big deal. I'm not the smartest guy and have come across people on the internet ten times more tarded than both.

As far as I can tell everyone on the forum thinks EffigyForgotten is an idiot. He's obviously a kid so it's not a big deal. I'm not the smartest guy and have come across people on the internet ten times more tarded than both.

You know you were a kid once? How would you feel if everyone called you retarded just for being younger than them? I don't see where I was trolling but if you think I'm an idiot than so be it.

People are going to treat you like a kid no matter how old you are and try and make you feel like shit. It's how you take shit in a cesspool that will determine how you're treated.