Controversial opinions on metal

I don't know how controversial this is, but I just listened to post-prison Burzum for the first time and it is absolutely terrible.

I actually like the few Belus songs I've heard quite a bit, and I generally gain very little enjoyment from his pre-prison material.

Do you mean you like the early releases from those, i.e. As The Flower Withers, Gothic, etc., or even the latter day releases that lightly incorporate death vocals?

I have a really hard time getting into most of those bands' releases post-2000...especially MDB's For Lies I Sire and A Line of Deathless...I find them repulsive (in a bad way, not like Void of Silence repulsive, who absolutely kick ass).

I was referring to their older stuff but I like all of their new stuff too, especially Katatonia.

Anything before prison > Belus > Fallen > Umskiptar > anything that is going to come after that. Sorry.

EDIT: Except maybe Dauði Baldrs which is really weird.

Anything before prison > Belus > Fallen > Umskiptar > anything that is going to come after that. Sorry.

EDIT: Except maybe Dauði Baldrs which is really weird.

Burzum is gay shit for Hipsters.

:danceboy:
Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Where do you guys place Ea, Lord of the Depths in the Burzum catalog? That's the only Burzum song that I think I actually love.