Controversial opinions on metal

Nile is great. Their only album I don't really like is Ithyphallic. Annihilation of the Wicked is the best imo. Also, they've played one of the best shows I've seen, almost perfect set, godly performance.

Sometimes I wanna listen to something a little lighter... So I'll listen to "mainstream metal" as I like to call it.

Nile is great. Their only album I don't really like is Ithyphallic. Annihilation of the Wicked is the best imo. Also, they've played one of the best shows I've seen, almost perfect set, godly performance.

Yes they put on a great fucking show. Me and my buddy met Karl Sanders when we saw them live, and he's super fucking cool.

By the way, why don't you like Ithyphallic? What Can Be Safely Written and Even the Gods Must Die are great tracks!

BSOV is my favorite (I think)
Ithy is probably my least favorite, even though I still love it.
My opinion doesnt really count when discussing Nile, Im their biggest fan on this whole forum.

Im still in love with Sethu

3 most celebrated world metal bands within the metal cocommunity of the 21st century:
1. Opeth
2. Meshuggah
3. Dimmu Borgir

For bonus points, 3 most celebrated American metal acts of 21st century:
1. Lamb of God
2. Kilkswitch Engage
3. Mastodon

Yes they put on a great fucking show. Me and my buddy met Karl Sanders when we saw them live, and he's super fucking cool.

By the way, why don't you like Ithyphallic? What Can Be Safely Written and Even the Gods Must Die are great tracks!

You know, Karl Sanders is a cool guy indeed. After the show I got to talk to him a bit, and he signed my ticket. I kinda collect shows and games tickets. BTW a few minutes later, Karl was fucking pissed at a jerk who tried to steal one of his pedals, things got ugly.

Not really sure why I don't like Ithyphallic, it just doesn't click. I play the other albums a lot, but can't get into that one.

I really like the production on Sethu. So clean. Incredibly clean.
Guitar riffs are so good. Technical and catchy. How death metal is supposed to be.
Sethu might be up there with BSOV and TWTGD.

(As Defiling the Gates of Ishtar comes on from Pandora) :kickass:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I really like the production on Sethu. So clean. Incredibly clean.
Guitar riffs are so good. Technical and catchy. How death metal is supposed to be.
Sethu might be up there with BSOV and TWTGD.

(As Defiling the Gates of Ishtar comes on from Pandora) :kickass:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It sounded weak. The guitar tone was weak, the vocals were produced weak, and the drums sound weak and have no body.

The songs themselves are great, like you've said. I just feel whoever was behind the controls in the studio didn't do them the justice they deserved.

- Down is one of the most underrated metal bands ever.

- Ghost is amazing.

- Black metal is way too elitist while not even being that good.

- Metalcore is pretty decent.

- George Fisher is better then Chris Barnes.

- Bruce from Iron Maiden is one of the best metal vocalists of all time.

- Down is one of the most underrated metal bands ever.

They're okay.

- Ghost is amazing.
Not controversial (but I don't agree).

- Black metal is way too elitist while not even being that good.
Not that controversial either. Lots of people think like that... but they're pussies. You're a pussy.

- Metalcore is pretty decent.
You obviously have no taste.

- George Fisher is better then Chris Barnes.
Not all that controversial. Six Feet Under sucks fucking dick shit, and a lot of people prefer CC with Fisher.

- Bruce from Iron Maiden is one of the best metal vocalists of all time.

About as controversial as saying you like cheese.