Controversial opinions on metal

Nah. Believer, Realm, Seventh Angel, Trouble, Tyrant, Secrecy, Lordian Guard, Extol, and Drottnar are all varying degrees of good to awesome.

Trouble is alright and so is Realm. The others are indeed meh though.

But you need to stop calling people pussies, Burgerboy, stones and glass houses and whatnot, yada yada yada.

I like quite a wide range of metal bands.

Sabbath
Priest
Motorhead
Saint Vitus
Early Candlemass
40 Watt Sun
Warning
Midnight
Gehennah
Abigail
The Mentors
Burzum
Deathspell Omega
Alda
Mayhem
Drudkh
Sargeist
Inquisition
Thy Light
Nyktalgia
Austere
Happy Days
Nekrokrist SS
Abyssic Hate
Demigod
Demilich
Dead Congregation
The Chasm
Early Cryptopsy
Behemoth
Slayer
Early Kreator
Sodom
Vektor
Early Skeletonwitch
Darkness Rites
Early Bodom (guilty pleasure, fuck you)
Rippikoulu
Devourment
Gorepoflesh
Craniotomy

That's just the main metal bands I listen to nowadays. Yes, I like dubstep. I also like pop-punk. No shame. At least I don't let creepy predatory dudes touch my weiner while I wince about it.

I6GSf.gif

It was more due most of his recent posts being in the Males and Females and Pics threads. I honestly had no idea what he listened to. Now I know, and it's obvious that he has a preference for extreme metal with only some obligatory trad/thrash listening, which would explain why he finds most of the Christian bands I mentioned to be "meh".

I don't terribly care for thrash, I find most of it to be derivative and generic. I did forget to list Death Angel and Destruction though.

Sodom is heads and tail the only thrash band i enjoy at pretty much any time. I can listen to other bands here and there, but I'm always in the mood for Sodom.

Thrash done well is one of the most beautiful things in the world. It's a genre of music like many others that's dragged down by tons of useless bands and an attachment to past greatness but it's also a genre I don't listen to enough of honestly. Some would say thrash is dead or that all the great thrash has already been written but when you have bands like Vektor you quickly think otherwise. When you think about it really if it weren't for a lot of thrash you wouldn't have the vast majority of extreme metal we have now. It could be argued that it's the most important movement in metal as a whole.

Note: Statement not directed at anyone just sharing my random thoughts

I enjoy Sodom up to Agent Orange tbh. I'm probably just biased, Sodom was one of the first "extreme" thrash bands I ever listened to.

Also I agree with Kara. Thrash done right is amazing. I just haven't found many thrash bands that strike that nerve like early Sodom, Vektor, early Skeletonwitch, and Slayer.