Controversial opinions on metal

I find it interesting that TNB singles out the Judas Priest song that deals with homosexual rights. Does reading Halford's struggle during his closeted phase, and knowing where he stands now, make you uneasy and possibly tempt you? You could have picked any number of cheeseball 80s Priest songs, but you single out Raw Deal. Odd.

So Watain played a show here in Brooklyn (kind of a secret show but not really) and threw pig's blood everywhere (surprise, surprise!) and it even got featured on TMZ. I really don't get the Watain worship at all. I've read somewhere that the fans (much like Dimebag fans) seem pretty much like juggalos, and i agree. As i've read countless "OMG WATAIN THREW PIG'S BLOOD!" post via the internet and it's like they've been doing that since 2007 bro. They have some good songs, and it's cool they have a stageshow and all but to me they aren't really that great a band.

So Watain played a show here in Brooklyn (kind of a secret show but not really) and threw pig's blood everywhere (surprise, surprise!) and it even got featured on TMZ. I really don't get the Watain worship at all. I've read somewhere that the fans (much like Dimebag fans) seem pretty much like juggalos, and i agree. As i've read countless "OMG WATAIN THREW PIG'S BLOOD!" post via the internet and it's like they've been doing that since 2007 bro. They have some good songs, and it's cool they have a stageshow and all but to me they aren't really that great a band.

Watain is a band that's a B musical act and an A+ stage show. The albums are good, but it's seeing them live where it's like a big fucked-up religious ceremony that makes it an experience. I'm not a big fan nor do I dislike any of their output, but I will admit that I was mega amped coming out of the concert I saw.

Calling the fans like juggalos is kinda bullshit because then any band ever whose appeal is largely rooted in seeing them live is "like juggalos".

Judas Priest might benefit from getting Ripper Owens back. Then the average age would be lowered a lot at least. Or K.K. Downing could recruit him into a new band with some new guys and put out some cool metal and tour with more energy than priest have.

Zakk Wylde overdoes pinch harmonics to the point of making songs painful to listen to; and if you disagree you suffer from a serious hearing deficiency.

Someone hasn't listened to BLS in a long time. The last two albums are basically the 2nd and 3rd best albums in the large discog. They would be 1 and 2 if 1919 Eternal weren't so damn good. Zakk is much better since he crashed and recovered.

I like 1919 Eternal. I like the album cover too. It's not my usual sound, but I'd rather listen to it than a hell of a lot of other metal.

They've done it since the late 90's. 1999 to be exactly.

Book of Shadows and P&G are quite different from the BLS stuff, I don't lump them together. The Blessed Hellride is the 4th best BLS album, so that pretty much puts it in the middle of the pack. It's better than the first 2, and the next 3 that came after it. But it isn't better than 1919 Eternal or Order or Catacombs.

I hate BLS actually aside from a few songs, because it takes the most hillbilly elements of southern metal and dials them to 11.

Someone hasn't listened to BLS in a long time. The last two albums are basically the 2nd and 3rd best albums in the large discog. They would be 1 and 2 if 1919 Eternal weren't so damn good. Zakk is much better since he crashed and recovered.

Every time I've ever heard BLS I go "yeah that's okay I guess". Put 'em in the same bucket as Five Finger Death Punch.

Well it's one thing not to like BLS, but a comparison to FFDP is unwarranted. FFDP is so bad it's not even laughably bad, it's cringeworthy.

It's all just standard "pump your fist in the air" radio rock. Inoffensive, vanilla, dull.