Controversial opinions on metal

The Judas Priest Ripper albums aren't totally devoid of worth. Cathedral Spires, Burn in Hell and Close to You are all solid tracks.

Demolition is a great album that people like to poop on just because it's alternative-leaning. There are some inconsistencies, but the performance is strong, there's a nice diversity of tracks, and it has a few great straight-forward rockers like Bloodsuckers and Feed On Me as well.

Why would anyone hate on Zakk other than for the biker schtick?

Mustaine is one of your favorite metal vocalists, but you can't stand Halford.

As much as I dislike both, even I have to place Halford over Mustaine on the vocal quality chart. Mustaine is atrocious. HB is right to be incredulous.

IMO even if you don't like Priest at all you have to give respect to Halford. He was the king and IMO no one has ever done it better. Others have been beaten at their own craft, but so far no one has been able to out-Halford Halford.

Zakk Wylde overdoes pinch harmonics to the point of making songs painful to listen to; and if you disagree you suffer from a serious hearing deficiency.

Zakk Wylde overdoes pinch harmonics to the point of making songs painful to listen to; and if you disagree you suffer from a serious hearing deficiency.

It's like a kid who just discovered them and wants to put them in every song... only he kept it up for like thirty years.

If you dont like Halford, youre a false.

As much as I dislike both, even I have to place Halford over Mustaine on the vocal quality chart.

fuck judas priest. They're the most overrated metal band of all time, and halford is definitely one of the most overrated metal vocalists of all time. Outside of a few tracks, i find most of their shit to be absolutely cringeworthy.

Also, i dont know where the Mustaine and halford comparison is coming from. Yea Dave is one of my favorite musicians, but i've never compared them to each other, and why would i? Mustaine is a thousand times the musician halford is.

I cant wait till i come back and see the raging responses from most of the butthurt lops around here. :lol: HALFORD NUTRIDER DEFENSE TEAM activate!

fuck judas priest. They're the most overrated metal band of all time, and halford is definitely one of the most overrated metal vocalists of all time. Outside of a few tracks, i find most of their shit to be absolutely cringeworthy.

Also, i dont know where the Mustaine and halford comparison is coming from. Yea Dave is one of my favorite musicians, but i've never compared them to each other, and why would i? Mustaine is a thousand times the musician halford is.

I cant wait till i come back and see the raging responses from most of the butthurt lops around here. :lol: HALFORD NUTRIDER DEFENSE TEAM activate!

You're gay.

I feel like I may have already said this here recently, but: upon a recent listening of Master of Puppets, AJFA, and Peace Sells, I think Hammett was easily at least as good of a lead guitarist if not better as Mustaine. Hammett may have fallen to complete crap while Mustaine arguably even improved in the 90s, but in the 80s they were actually probably about equals.

FWIW, it's really not up for debate that Mustaine is a better musician. He just is. Halford may be the better vocalist (also not up for debate), and Priest may be the better band (definitely up for debate), but Mustaine is a multi-instrumentalist and responsible for several of the best riffs and solos out there.

I feel like I may have already said this here recently, but: upon a recent listening of Master of Puppets, AJFA, and Peace Sells, I think Hammett was easily at least as good of a lead guitarist if not better as Mustaine. Hammett may have fallen to complete crap while Mustaine arguably even improved in the 90s, but in the 80s they were actually probably about equals.

Hammett is like Ace Frehley: he had a few tricks for his solos and riffs but that was it. Mustaine's work was always more intricate.

Keep in mind I'm saying this as a guy who thinks Mustaine is a total ass hat. He was just an incredible musician.

I dunno, the more I listen to his solos on the first four albums the more I tend to hear a lot of the same ideas as well. Once Friedman joined, pretty much all of their best solos were contributed by him, not Mustaine. To me, Mustaine was a guy that could nail it when he really thought things out and tried to make a standout solo (see: My Last Words), but when you get past the highs a lot of it tends to run the same (but that about sums him up in general; extreme inconsistency and lack of quality control). If anything I hear much more diversity in technique on Master of Puppets. Although as a riffcrafter, Mustaine is king, no question.

The problem with megadeth is the band's whole sound. It's not that you can't get into it, I can at least, but really, come up with something better, vocally and tone wise.