Controversial opinions on metal

You Manilla Road haters are total queers... just saying. Manilla Road are one of the manliest metal bands ever.

Also Ozzy's first three solo albums are good. After that he started to suck horrendously and unforgivably. But saying they're better than his Sabbath albums is undeniably and undebatably wrong.

You Manilla Road haters are total queers... just saying. Manilla Road are one of the manliest metal bands ever.

I have to admit that I only listen to Crystal Logic nowadays, I need nothing else by them. That album is 100% though.

The Crystal Logic title track has some of the most pathetic vocal melodies I've ever heard in those first verses. I recently heard Chief Keef's Love Sosa for the first time, and my immediate thought was "If Mark Sheldon was a rapper, he'd do it like this guy". Sheer repetition. I think a lot of the appeal in Manilla Road is that you can hear a song just once and already completely know it by heart if you paid attention, because it's roughly lullaby-tier in terms of composition. And The Negative Veils of Existence is a total plod. The "epic" closer is even worse. They have very little in the way of songwriting.

i'm not even going to bother replying in a serious fashion to you. Goddamn your posts make me cringe sometimes.

Hamburger Boy tends to be very out there and opinionated, but that's good, there's a lot of religious worship of certain bands. If someone hates Maiden and hates Priest, so be it, as long as they not just some 14 year old retard that likes nu metal or hardcore and thinks clean vocals are "gay".

I'm still waiting to hear what's so good about Feeling Free Again.

Hamburger Boy tends to be very out there and opinionated, but that's good, there's a lot of religious worship of certain bands. If someone hates Maiden and hates Priest, so be it, as long as they not just some 14 year old retard that likes nu metal or hardcore and thinks clean vocals are "gay".

I'm still waiting to hear what's so good about Feeling Free Again.

Well it's a little different from the rest of the album, but I'm on the opposite side - I don't see what people find wrong with it. It's not trying to sound deep or epic, it's more of a rock song, but it kicks ass for what it is imo. I don't think people are gonna to go forth and write you an essay about why you should like it.

JP and MR suck.

Edit@ Ozz: That last CoC was a little doomy. What did you think?

Haven't heard the last one still. I need to rectify that.

I'm kinda mad that Pepper hasn't come back yet which is why I've been boycotting the CoC as a trio.

After that he started to suck horrendously and unforgivably. But saying they're better than his Sabbath albums is undeniably and undebatably wrong.

I'll just leave this here

Ozzy_Osbourne_-_No_More_Tears.JPG

Going to shows is too much fucking work. Drive my ass from suburbia all the way downtown to pay to park, get potentially harassed by the "bad element" when walking to the bar/venue, pay $5 for a beer, sit through the generally terrible opener bands, *maybe* enjoy the headliner if their heart is in it and the sound system is properly setup at the venue, and then drive my ass back to suburbia. I've been to probably 15 shows in my lifetime and maybe 3 of them I genuinely enjoyed (Slayer, Opeth, Pelican) and the rest just felt like a colossal waste of time/money. Hint: Get a metal venue out here in the burbs where the target audience is. I think from here on out I'll instead buy more vinyl and a decent bottle of scotch that can surely entertain me for more than a few hours.

i've got the full MR, IM, and JP discographies (barring the Ripper albums), and I'll pull out Voyager, Spiral Castle, and Gates of Fire before I reach for Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast, or Seventh Son and way, way before I get British Steel, Sad Wings, or Screaming for Vengeance. The reasoning is simple, MR's music appeals to me more. I enjoy all three, but I get bord with JP to a greater extent than I do with MR or even IM.

Ozzy solo isn't even worthy to be compard to Sabbath. No More Tears is his Black Album, where he dropped all of his "shock rock" behavior and started writing ballads. Perhaps it was because he lost Rhoads, but still no excuse. Blizzard and Diary have a few good songs, as does Bark at the Moon. Don't get me started on Ozzmosis.

Well it's a little different from the rest of the album, but I'm on the opposite side - I don't see what people find wrong with it. It's not trying to sound deep or epic, it's more of a rock song, but it kicks ass for what it is imo. I don't think people are gonna to go forth and write you an essay about why you should like it.

tbh yeah, Feeling Free Again is one of the few passable songs on the album, alone with The Ram and The Riddle Master (this one is pretty decent actually). Manilla Road at that point needed to stick to the short, condensed, and upbeat tracks at that point.

This, Breaking the Law and You've Got Another Thing Comin' are the only tracks most people know. I stress to people that those are some of their worst songs and that the overall catalog is way better.

I hope you stress that only as a means of getting people to follow the Priest, because all three (Living After Midnight to a lesser extent) are still well-crafted and iconic pop-metal greatness.

Is it wrong that the only thing I know about Zakk Wylde is that he has this grandiose mustache and a black and white ESP guitar? He does music too, right? Like, I bet he plays guitar...